🎉 Happy two year forum anniversary and a special thank you to Chad Mcneese! 🎉

Class move from Nate & the TR team and very well deserved by Chad. Congrats and enjoy!

1 Like

That’s so awesome – happy new forum year – And thanks to @mcneese.chad - Just last night I set up my TR calendar based on his advise

1 Like

Woah - that’s awesome, well done @Nate_Pearson - and, even more well-done to @mcneese.chad over the years in all the community goodness you’ve done.

Enjoy that package for sure (when ya can)!

14 Likes

Thanks for all you do on the forum @mcneese.chad! Many of your posts have certainly helped me in the year or so I’ve been here, and you’ve done a great job at fostering an inviting place for conversation and debate. Very well deserved!

1 Like

Chapeau, @mcneese.chad! Well deserved!

1 Like

So cool! Well done by @mcneese.chad, @Nate_Pearson, and the whole TR team. Yet another reason why I enjoy TR so much (ref this thread).

1 Like

I still don’t think Chad McNeese has seen this :joy:, This is the longest he’s been away from the forum, ever!

18 Likes

@mcneese.chad is a huge asset to all of us trying to get faster and TR. Hopefully I’ll see him this weekend at The Dead Swede crushing some gravel in Sheridan WY and we can share a post race beverage or three. Then back to training!

2 Likes

Hmmmmm. He’s maybe on holiday :smile:

1 Like

Wait for it…

10 Likes

I was out and about for most of yesterday and just caught this before bed last night. It took some time to sink in and think about how to put into words, some of what I am feeling from all of this. Sorry for the delay, but I hope this captures some of what you have all given to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

WOW! Seriously, WOW!!! :open_mouth:

@Nate_Pearson, I am so honored and beyond thankful for the gift :clap:, but more importantly the recognition that lies within it. I am almost speechless (amazing, I know :wink: ) and just shocked with such a wonderful gift. THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.

My involvement with TR overall has been nothing short of amazing. The start with the service in 2015 was rewarding from a cycling & fitness standpoint. Through that and then my discovery of the TR AACC podcast, I have learned and grown in cycling but also as a person. You and the crew there, as well as the great support in the TR service are second to none.

The creation of the TR forum, and my involvement with it, have pushed all of the above even further. This community is quite simply the best online experience I have had in 20+ years from bulletin boards through the current evolution of discussion tools. This is a very special place to spend time and learn from so many great, smart and special contributors.

Thank you so much for all the kind words from everyone else!!! It is so rewarding to see the success stories, large and small, each and every day here. It’s personally fulfilling if my info helps, but I get so much additional satisfaction from seeing the massive knowledge and willingness of everyone else within the wide range of discussion we see here. There are some amazing people here and you should all be proud of your contributions each and every time.

I will have to poke around to look at the many Trek Travel options. My gut says I will be looking at something fun and rewarding to include my wife as well, since she is so supportive of my time spent here and elsewhere in life. She is a saint, and the rock I use as my foundation in so many ways.

204 Likes

Thats a lovely gesture Nate and TR.

Well done Chad Mcneese, and thanks.

2 Likes

I was getting giddy. Felt like Chad was about to walk in on his own surprise birthday party :rofl:

9 Likes

You da man Chad

2 Likes

As a bit of a cultural homer, I’d recommend a Portugal one!

4 Likes

A huge reason this is true is because of the tireless work that you do :clap:

11 Likes

This is why I keep coming here. @Nate_Pearson that’s a classy move and there is no one more deserving on the forums than @mcneese.chad

Keep it up everyone, it is so nice to have a civilized place to discuss on the web, it’s a rare thing. Paired with the insane depth on pretty much any topic (beyond cycling the community has also helped me step up my pizza and coffee game) makes me come back here almost everyday.

3 Likes

I also recommend Portugal. Really cool place and the US dollar goes a long way.

3 Likes

Indeed, the house on the left here was my grandparents’ home (and currently belongs to my parents). The summit of the mountain in the background is about an hour bike ride from the front door. I haven’t been able to talk my parents into letting me establish a cycling rental place there, though lol

5 Likes

Loved visiting Portugal for a sales meeting, but didn’t get to ride :frowning: Not sure if this is a good recommendation, but I thought riding out to Cabo Da Roca seemed like a (CA coast type of) adventure. Don’t forget to pack a jacket and hoist a sail for the return ride :wind_face: :wind_face: :biking_man:

2 Likes