How To Increase Training Consistency, Racing vs. Training, and More – Ask a Cycling Coach 413

Share the podcast with your friends, and rate it 5-stars!
iTunes: ‎Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad on Apple Podcasts

Spotify: Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad | Podcast on Spotify
Google Podcasts: https://trainerroad.cc/google

TOPICS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:

• (0:00) Chad update
  • (12:55) Is a TT bike worth it?
  • Hacks to make your road bike more aero
  • (37:06) Is training late at night bad?
  • How to increase consistency
  • (57:14) How to recon a race without pre-riding
  • (1:16:21) Should you get more PRs from races or training?
  • (1:30:49) How to pace team relay races
  • (1:39:33) Tips for bathroom stops in long races

RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:

Watch our latest Cycling Science Explained video now!

Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast below!
Spotify: Spotify

iTunes: ‎Science of Getting Faster Podcast - Presented by TrainerRoad on Apple Podcasts

TRY TRAINERROAD RISK FREE FOR 30 DAYS!

TrainerRoad is the #1 cycling training app. No other cycling app is more effective. Over 13,000 positive reviews, a 4.9 star App Store rating.

Adaptive Training from TrainerRoad uses machine learning and science-based coaching principles to continually assess your performance and intelligently adjust your training plan. It trains you as an individual and makes you a faster cyclist.

Learn more about TrainerRoad: Cycling Planning, Training, & Analytics - TrainerRoad

Learn more about Adaptive Training: Adaptive Training: The Right Workout. Every Time. - TrainerRoad

ABOUT THE ASK A CYCLING COACH PODCAST

Ask a Cycling Coach podcast is a cycling and triathlon training podcast. Each week USAC/USAT Level I certified coach Chad Timmerman, pro athletes, and other special guests answer your cycling and triathlon questions.

Have a question for the podcast? Ask here: Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast - TrainerRoad

MORE PODCASTS FROM TRAINERROAD

Listen to the Successful Athletes Podcast: Successful Athletes Podcast - TrainerRoad

Listen to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast: The Science of Getting Faster Podcast - TrainerRoad

STAY IN TOUCH

Training Blog: TrainerRoad Blog - Cycling Training Resources and Tips

TrainerRoad Forum: TrainerRoad - Cycling & Training Forum

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trainerroad/

Strava Club: Reno, Nevada Club | TrainerRoad on Strava

Facebook: TrainerRoad

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrainerRoad

TrainerRoad Podcast Network

Submit your Question to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast

Subscribe to the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast

Subscribe to the Successful Athletes Podcast

Submit your story to the Successful Athletes Podcast

Subscribe to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast

Submit a topic to the Science of Getting Faster Podcast

3 Likes

I’m just here for the entertainment. Come on, forum, comment!

:popcorn:

7 Likes

:astonished:

2 Likes

I thought it was April 1 today, I respect their decision. Not everything needs to be public, hopefully all parties involved are okay.

11 Likes

:astonished: indeed!

2 Likes

:frowning_face: :anguished: good luck for the future Chad, thanks for all the FTP you’ve helped me with over the last 7yrs :+1:

7 Likes

Nate’s mention of AI FTP PREDICTION (future state estimation) around 4:45 in the POL plan changes is interesting. They’ve talked about it at least as a concept before, but it’s the first time I remember hearing they actually have something workable worth mentioning even if it’s only internal to them right now.

5 Likes

“It was not a voluntary departure” - such a weird thing to say, when following up with “we’re not going to share the details of it”. Exactly the kind of comment that stirs the rumour mill and gives more away than necessary.

Speaking of which, it’s also strange that only Pete really got a ‘farewell’ podcast. Amber left with zero fanfare, Chad gets a really cryptic send off… strange.

35 Likes

I’ll just say this. We don’t know any details about the decision. Therefore anything said is merely a speculation and speculations are a dangerous thing to play with.
Wish both Chad and TrainerRoad all the best in the future.

21 Likes

Oh shit…I need to tune in with this drama :grimacing::grimacing:

I feel silly about how invested I must be because this news really hit me. I’ve listened to almost every podcast episode, and I feel like I lost a friend. Probably time for me to take some time away from the podcast. Hope Chad is okay.

37 Likes

I’ve wondered about Amber’s disappearance from the platform podcast lots of times but never dared to ask…

The news about Chad makes me sad, it’s like Trainerroad lost part of it’s soul.

20 Likes

I feel like Amber was just busy being a new mom and had bigger priorities than coming back for a farewell podcast. Sure a farewell podcast might have been nice, but kind of made sense that it didn’t happen.

Chad’s sudden departure though is very shocking

6 Likes

Whoes voice will the workout text be now?

3 Likes

The terminator Terminator GIF | Gfycat

1 Like

Just to temper the sense of drama: Amber left on good terms, A Heartfelt Thank You From Amber, saying she was moving on to new challenges. Whatever the situation was for her, this is not that.

17 Likes

Who what where when why did he go?!

2 Likes

I moved your comment/post under the related podcast topic, to keep all discussion in the same place.

1 Like

“It was not a voluntary departure”

Meaning he was terminated? Or he wanted to leave and TR didn’t want him to? Confused about this wording.

6 Likes

If their intention was to create way more questions than answering, they succeeded. Such a weird way of releasing info.

16 Likes