🎉 🎉 🎉 Group Workouts are here! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Thanks and sorry I didn’t make that clearer. You are correct you just leave the setting enabled.

2 Likes

Race kit or no jersey!

Just tried it! Totally Awesome.

3 Likes

Apple TV doesn’t have a web cam or mic, so I don’t think it would work very well.

2 Likes

No estimate right now, but we’ve got a large group of engineers dedicated to it.

1 Like

Yes, :100:. We’ll see how big we can go.

1 Like

If she wants you to live a long healthy life she has to. I said so. :rofl:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

My man. I knew I could count on you.

We’re working to get the “Rode with” feature in Strava.

But if you feel so inclined, and your workout mates are okay with it, putting a workout selfie up on Instagram and Strava would really help us!

10 Likes

I can send you a video on IG :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone else NOT getting an option to automatically update the TR application? I’ve tried on both my PC and Mac… Maybe this question doesn’t belong in this thread, but I know everyone here is going to be trying to update in the next 24 hours anyway.

:joy::joy::joy:

If you happened to implement the teased-at physics, this could get interesting. Make it so people can do a workout (group or not) that’s basically slope mode driven by the elevations (smoothed) in a GPX file. Given an elevation profile, it’s not hard to calculate virtual speed given weight, power, and virtual elevation, especially if you don’t care about being accurate. Now you’ve got virtual speed and a GPS trace for the workout. So add the option that the speed and GPS trace are figured from a GPX file, but the workout is one of your structured workouts. Now you’ve got virtual routing for any TR workout. For group workouts, have the host “drive the bus” – they provide the GPX file and everyone inherits their virtual speed (rather than having their own), so that everyone’s resulting data says they were in exactly the same place at the same time. Now Strava will say that they rode together.

Not near term, obviously, but I can have dreams.

2 Likes

Did this guy nail it 12 days ago or what!?!

MI-XCRegular

12d

@Nate_Pearson: I wonder as a simple basic first step for TR into this realm is hosting virtual group workouts. Say groups of 50 or so you could join at a particular time for a particular workout. This group would have an open chat function and some sort of special visual where you could see all of the group members stats, toggle on/off specific riders you want to follow, etc. During recovery valleys members could chat, ask for advice if they’re struggling or simply commiserate. Possibly users could host their own group workouts for like minded racers (ie: MTB, TT, Tri). Maybe create teams for those following the same plan at the same time.

In essence you’d all be suffering together at the same time doing the same thing. Could be quite motivating and community building.

4 Likes

What kind do you have? I have an old Imac so only legacy for me there. Had to bust out an old windows
Computer to get it. Also I realized what I was not seeing besides group workouts tab being on mac legacy version.

1 Like

It’s a Pro8 from about 2012, but it’s running High Sierra (10.12.6).

I’m not getting prompted to update either. MacBook Pro 2014. Running Mojave 10.14.6.

1 Like

Go to Finder - Applications - Trainerroad (right click and Move to Trash) - Then go empty the trash. NOW you can reinstall and it should work. That’s what I just did and it fixed my issue. The new version should show up as 2020.14.0.90

1 Like

That did it, thanks very much!

1 Like