Good to Go: What the Athlete in All of Us Can Learn from the Strange Science of Recovery

I’m just finishing this book and wondering if Coach Chad or anyone else has an opinion about the work done. The chapters on over reaching and using heat to aid inflammation without hindering it seem to jive with some of the info I’ve heard on the podcasts.

[Good to Go book link](https://christieaschwanden.com/books/)
2 Likes

I read it, and didn’t feel like I got much out of it that I hadn’t heard elsewhere - it was somewhat entertaining, but ultimately kind of went nowhere…

If you’ve listened to the TR podcast catalog, you’re not going to have many a-ha moments with this one.

Good book and just reinforced what I’ve heard in other areas. Basically the key to recovery is getting enough sleep, eating healthy real foods and listening to your body (fatigue). There are no short cuts to recovery and don’t waste your money on attempts to get there with all of the crazy and usually expensive ways that are popular.

Thanks for the share. Hadn’t heard of this one and I’m always looking for interesting reads.