Getting a "Not recommended" ride in Training Plan

Just went ahead and did it, it was fine. Maybe robot coach knows best after all!

2 Likes

I’m noticing the same thing. Baird +5 after five weeks of ss/threshold workouts. There’s a week of recovery between then and now. Support suggested I may be ready for it after my recovery week or that it may adapt when I get closer.

Yes…others experienced that. It adjusted on the morning of it so be ready for anything! Actually, there should be a ramp test there, according to support, but they didn’t seem ready to fix it given there was a ramp test scheduled 2 weeks later anyway.

1 Like

The issue is still there. The training scheduled for today is labeled as “not recommended”.

There is no adaptation pending, and even no option to select an alternate…

The training makes sense, but it just creates a lack of trust in the Software…

1 Like

I have Bays in today as well, during my rest week (one of the Tri base plans I think) and it’s not adapted out despite being marked as breakthrough.

In the past I don’t think I have seen adaptations in recovery weeks, usually they are set low PL workouts for recovery purposes, so it doesn’t make sense to adapt them upwards normally and they get left as default. Maybe that’s what’s causing it? Worth asking support.

I can see alternates though - I am probably going to do Pettit +1 or Mokelumne instead (fairly similar just with 2 sprints instead of 4), or Cheaha (3 sprints). That sounds like a bug?

I can get through Bays, it doesn’t look that hard - I think many people are likely to have relatively low PLs for Endurance in TR if, like me, you tend to do your longer rides outdoors. However I’ve just had a cold and I will have done an hour of cycle commuting before I start so the sub seems reasonable…

@ThomasCologne, we recently made an update to the plan you’re using that addresses this!
It looks like that change was applied to your plan so you shouldn’t encounter this again. If you do, be sure to let me know, otherwise you’re all set!

@bobmcstuff, we need to update your plan to make sure the updates are applied throughout the remainder of your Half Distance Triathlon training. I’ll DM you to walk you through that, or I’ll be happy to just apply that update for you! Message incoming. :sunglasses:

Thanks @IvyAudrain . Issue is solved for me!

1 Like

Hi,
Two years later and the issue is still there. I see in my training plan a “Not recommended” workout. And hell yeah … it’s not recommended for a reason, but it shouldnt appear in the plan in the first place :slight_smile: 50 minutes at FTP … wow … this is a killer workout, that I definietaly will not be able to complete. :frowning:
By the way calling the 20 seconds as “recovery” in between … this is a joke :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Very funny … not!

Come on, its only 99% and 2x 25 minutes. :wink:

Would have been okay when my TTE was 52 minutes, but not so good on current form :laughing: :joy:

I’m curious. Is it planned soon, or something way far out that will adapt over time?

Hey @Urban_Horn,

I’m looking into this now and will report back with what I find. :man_detective:

Sorry for the trouble! We’ll get this sorted out before you reach those workouts for sure.

Its scheduled in about 4 weeks. But I’m already terrified about it :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you. It’s not a big deal. I just would like to know why does it happen.
I think the algorithm should not allow this to occur.

@Urban_Horn I’ve been chatting with the bug team about this. It’s likely a bug that we’ll find and squash and not something that the algorithm would normally allow.

Stay tuned! :radio:

2 Likes

Alright, @Urban_Horn, I’ve had the bug team take a look and we have been able to reproduce this issue after some trial and error.

It seems that this could be related to the series of steps you took ending in switching the custom duration caps for those workouts. We aren’t 100% sure yet, but the team is still working on it. :technologist:

Regardless the temporary workaround we’ve come up with is to switch the custom duration cap for Saturday workouts back to 90 minutes at some point before you get to the Beinn workouts. From there, if you actually want to do a 60-minute workout, use Workout Alternates to find a 60-minute replacement of your liking.

Let me know if this works for you and if you have any questions or concerns about this.

I’ll be in touch once we know more and resolve the issue. :mechanic: