Exporting workouts to cyclemeter

Does anyone know if it’s possible to export workout to cyclemeter for outdoor workouts?

No, Garmin and Wahoo only.

1 Like

I did some more digging, and you can manually add the workout to cyclementer. I’m still not sure what it will do for you, but it’s possible through activities.

Hows that? Curious for sure!

Go to more->activities ->+/edit

Then you can manually enter the intervals times thresholds etc.

I haven’t tested it, so I’m not sure what if anything it displays.

OK, that sounds like “building” a workout in their specific app more than “exporting”.

OOF. This is definitely violating the TrainerRoad Terms & Conditions, specifically the ones quoted below because this is effectively manually reproducing workouts in a non-TR resource:

c. Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.

e. Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.

@mcneese.chad has pointed this out in similar threads in the past (focused on Zwift or other training apps) but uh, please don’t do this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ahh well thanks foe letting me know. If I can’t even use an app while I’m out doors, then I’m going to have to cancel. Glad I asked in day 1, plenty of time to get the refund.

Well, assuming you were running the Cyclemeter app on a phone, that same phone should be able to run the TrainerRoad app, and the workout directly from it.

I and others used to do that (some still do) before we got the option to export TR workouts to Garmin and Wahoo head units.

Is there a reason you need the workout in the Cyclemeter app specifically?

If we understand your goals better, we may have a solution to suggest.

Well for one gps and maps. I have a terrible sense of direction so having the map he very helpful for me.

I’ve got my devices all set up for it already is another reason. I’ve got the assioma duo, and based on what I have read I would have to reconfigure it every time I switch between apps.

If TR doesn’t provide integration with my favorite app or head unit, how is it unethical or unconventional to manually create and use the workout for my own purposes? Who gets hurt? I’m not a lawyer, but I’ve written contracts for 25 years. My own read of that language is that capturing the work/rest portion of TR workouts in Garmin Connect for my sole and exclusive use (prior to outside workouts) is fair game. But I guess you can disagree, cancel my subscription, and revoke my access…

2 Likes

Not a lawyer either, but I feel like the real sticking point is the automated language, but you may or may not have an argument if you are accessing in an automated means.

I don’t consider my eyes and writing down the core intervals to be automated. Maybe a hundred years ago, or if I was paying someone to do it.

I think the real sticking point is “don’t steal from TrainerRoad” which I completely agree with…

I’m checking with the team about this distinction, I very well may be interpreting the terms and conditions too literally and given @the1gofer the wrong advice here. Will of course update you both as soon as I get clarification!

There is an infrequent poster that harvested a bunch of TrainerRoad user’s FTP tests, and then bundled it into a coaching subscription (he is a coach in UK with YouTube channel). When he admitted to that on the forum, I reported that to Nate. Later I learned that coach was associated with intervals.icu and I reported it to David the guy behind intervals. Nothing happened, and so I deleted my intervals account and all data. Because at a minimum that automated data harvesting and using said data as a feature to sell a coaching subscription was unethical (I’m not familiar with European data privacy laws). Enough story telling, its TrainerRoad’s sandbox so TR gets to set the rules.

1 Like

Update! Nate and the team clarified, you can recreate the workouts, only if it’s for personal use and as long as you’re a paying subscriber with TrainerRoad. What isn’t okay is to share this workouts with others, and thats what the Terms & Conditions are meant to address.

Sorry for misdirecting you all there! I for sure should have checked with the team first for clarification, that verbiage just seemed so clear! :laughing:
Feel free to follow up with any questions or if you need us to expand upon anything covered.

4 Likes

borrowing a graphic from the pinned post welcoming people to the forum:

wouldn’t it be awesome if Terms and Conditions were written in everyday language? Start with a simple list of things like don’t steal, don’t share, and don’t use our stuff to sell your own services. Just day dreaming.

Have an excellent day Ivy!

1 Like