Early Access to Android Beta - Updated TrainerRoad

On workouts done outside (but actually done inside due to lack of ant+ in new app) speed & distance are recorded in calendar on completion.

On a pure inside version they are not.

As it is clearly possible & has the fields in place will we be seeing this for indoors workouts on the new app?

1 Like

Same here.

Just completed today’s workout - Baxter. It all went really well apart from the mid section going totally blank again, this time at the 15min point.

I’m really missing the middle section as I tend to use it all the time flicking back and forth throughout my rides.

Please get it working in the next release :pray:

2 Likes

Did Wright Peak -1 this morning - another heart-stopping moment when the app crashed after I finished the workout…only for it to recover the workout when I re-opened.

Other oddity is that all rides that you complete on the Android app show the finish time as 12:00 AM.

3 Likes

Another workout completed, syncing message still at the top. Disabled auto rotation on OS level and no issues with the middle block going missing

1 Like

Yeah, I certainly don’t think it is the only reason that is happening, but rather is the one correlation I could find for my use case. The issue happened couple times for me during that ride and each time I righted the phone vertically into portrait mode, it fixed it so I felt compelled to share that user experience so they could at least adjust for that occurence.

2 Likes

I’ve just noticed that every single one of my workouts say they were completed at 12.00am. Obviously this isn’t the case…

4 Likes

Trying to get scroll back to April 2020.
App went blank and completely froze. No 'buttons ’ working.

1 Like

Trying to get back to October/November 2019 via calendar in top left.
Only November & December possible as selections.

And then it has no data in it.

Hitting refresh did nothing.

1 Like

Just a guess on my part - but maybe a constraint of the app is not to go back beyond a year in history? (related to issues with volume of data to sync, etc?)

2 Likes

I dont have a screenshot for this…

I had the app open in samsung dex on tab S5e. I pressed “get help” beside cant find your device. The help screen then wouldnt go away… even moving to different areas of the app or even through a force close.

1 Like

App crashed again today on completion of Pettit, but recovered the workout on reopening.

Is there any work in the pipeline to improve the startup time? I still have to watch a splash screen or spinner for over 20 seconds before I can use the app.

3 Likes

I’m trying to change the date of an event on my calendar but after repeatedly pressing the update button nothing happens.

Screenshot_20201124-191214_TrainerRoad

1 Like

Mine are the same, completed at 12:00AM, if I hit Analyze, the correct time is shown on the webpage.

1 Like

Hi,

The application stopped working when I tried to split the screen (to use two applications at the same time).
The first time I asked if I want to resume the exercise, the second time I had to manually enter the exercise and then resume it.

Also, the application does not want to connect to the Magane S3+ cadence sensor. There is a sensor in the list of sensors, but the connection cannot be stabilized. I have no problem connecting to this sensor on my computer.

1 Like

I opened the App to see what workout was planned for tomorrow and it opens and loads the calendar view for a split second, then just shows a blank screen.

Update: deleted App cache and it’s sync’d and working fine again.

1 Like

Black screen after a split second of calander. Cleared Cash and restarted device after syncing still have the same issue.

Full screen landscape is split not scaling propperply to see workout metrics and are copped in half. Using a samsung s20

1 Like

The calendar only goes out to February 20th, even after allowing the sync before scrolling. Will there be an update coming out soon? Its been a while since the last update

Not being able to see or add events beyond February is a pain…

1 Like

I’m trying to change the date of a future event in my calendar. I can change the date but clicking on “update” doesnt do anything. It isnt saved.

Like others have mentioned. I don’t think the app is ready for beta testing yet. Theres just too many issues.

It feels more like alpha at the current release.

Beta is…

A pre-release of software that is given out to a large group of users to try under real conditions. Beta versions have gone through alpha testing in-house and are generally fairly close in look, feel and function to the final product; however, design changes often occur as a result.

1 Like

@Pete the new Android Update fixed the problem with loading the workouts on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, so i am not sure when i can try the first Testride, because Powermatch works only with BLT atm and i am not sure if Vector 3 are designed to work with BLT without disconnects, as soon as i plan a short recovery ride, i will give it a try! :v:

1 Like