Early Access to Android Beta - Updated TrainerRoad

I’m using a Samsung Galaxy A50.

For some reason there’s a large black screen gap between today and tomorrow on my calendar. Even after syncing it’s still there…

1 Like

I am running it on a Google Pixel C Android vers. 8.1
Screen does not rotate on load up. I am unable to load a work out from the side bar, if I click on the red load workout it just skips ahead to the next weeks workout in the side bar. If I try to click on the x in the upper right of the side bar to close the window nothing happens. If I try to click on the three lines in the upper left nothing happens, clicking on the Month drop down arrow and nothing happens. Clicking on past or planned workouts will load them in the side bar but beyond that nothing seems to work. Clicking on analyze workout does nothing. Any advice on how to load a workout for tomorrows session?

1 Like

Today’s update has fixed the black screen when trying to load workouts on a pixel 2 on android 11. I am able to perform workouts again and did so today. The lag in loading data is still pretty bad though.

1 Like

Loaded Beta on Kindle Fire 10, unable to load a workout, hitting load button will change the selected workout to whatever is under the side bar. Ended up going back to standard version.

1 Like

Tried deleting user data and cache but that didn’t help. Uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall the non beta but that doesn’t seem to work either. It appears to be reinstalling the beta instead of the old version

2 Likes

How did you get back to standard?

You have to unregister from Beta group. In the email you got there is a, " link" to your browser. Follow that and then there is an option to unregister from test group

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Testing scrolling back in time and I broke the app. I’m on a Google Pixel 2 XL. I selected the month and year with the top bar, tapped to Nov 2019 and starting scrolling forward in the timeline. None of my workouts were showing up and when I got to Dec 12, I got this large blank screen.

I could scroll down over and over but nothing but the void awaited me. Tried to tap the sync or today button, but neither were responsive. Had to restart the app. I was then not able to reproduce it.

Also, the app is not showing any of my workouts from before May 19, 2020.

1 Like

for me it’s the same, calendar is empty before may 19, except for a few skipped workouts, they seem to be synced :slight_smile: (I think this might be intentional to improve the sync performance)
calendar seems to be fully functional, move a skipped workout from yesterday to today and it all works, loading a workout also seems OK, I will try the this evening if the workout can be completed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Completed workouts and rides sitting on top of each other ie stacked on app.
11th May should show 5 rides
13th May 2 workouts
The same is happening in other weeks.

1 Like

I also noticed that the app closed itself 2 times now, 1st time browsing through the calendar, 2nd time viewing an outdoor ride

1 Like

@Pete
Workout went pretty well, I did have 3 issues.

1. my separate cadans sensor connected ok, but the cadence got stuck at 1 value after a short while, you can see the 2 flats in the screenshots. First time I disconnected and reconnected, but it got stuck pretty quick again. 2nd time I just went with the kickr core cadance.

2. i did have the interval progress in the middle go blank 2 times, but I think I found the trigger… it seems to happen when I have my phone (samsung galaxy s10) mounted fairly flat/horizontal) on my bars (case with garmin mount sticker). I tried to get the screen back to normal by switch from portrait to landscape and back, and it seemed to work, but a bit shaky when mounting the phone back,it could trigger again… so it seems to get triggered by a short hit on the g sensor, not enough to switch the layout, but enough to trigger a partly change. It didn’t happen when I shifted the phone more upright, and it did happen again when I pushed my phone horizontal.

3. the whole time I got the sync bar at the top, see screenshots

The workout went fine also tested an auto pause and resume and a manual pause resume, also ok.
Syncing the workout to TR and strava also ok!

Great progress! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not sure if this is new or not but it is to me…
Went to look at last night’s workout on web version and created some intervals whilst analysing.
Went back to app, hit analyse and there they were :slightly_smiling_face:

Any idea when ant+ is coming?

2 Likes

Hi, I’d like to get in on the beta if it’s still happening. I signed up via the Google Form but haven’t heard back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When adding a workout to the calendar there isnt any way to see your “favourite” workouts.

1 Like

Had the issue described by others above where the middle row went missing during a workout. Determined through some fiddling that it occured because of the screen orientation. The camera on the back of the phone (Google Pixel 2 XL) juts out slightly so when laid flat, it can occasionally give the gyroscope sensor the incorrect reading that the phone is in landscape mode rather than portrait. Righting the phone to portrait mode brought the bar back. I’ve had this screen orientation issue with other apps as well.

2 Likes

@BCrossen

This happens to me every ride but I never change orientation

1 Like

For some unknown reason there seems to be a large space on Sunday in the calendar…

1 Like