Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the main thread for reporting bugs regarding our new Beta Desktop Apps that we just released to forum users in this post. Totally New Desktop App! 🎉 🎉 🎉

We are very proud of what we have come up with, but we always value the insight of everyone here on the forum. We would love for your feedback on just about everything, and we have a handful of TrainerRoad staff that are here to help organize and push the everything through its proper channels.

We have a couple requests, first being that you use the below form when you are submitting your issues, that way we can properly track and diagnose issues.

The template is as follows:

• Platform: Windows or Mac
  • Version: What beta version*
  • Devices: What trainer/PM/etc
  • Connection: Bluetooth or ANT+
  • Mode: ERG/Resistance/Standard

*Beta version can be found under the support tab in the App. It looks just like this:

The second is that we are going to do our best to respond to everyone, and keep both the top post pinned and updated with newest release notes and fixes. Please be patient, and we’ll always keep this post up to date with everything we are doing.

Finally, thank you!! It’s really amazing we have the community here that we are capable of doing something like this, and we can’t wait to see what you think!

Current Beta App Versions:
Windows : 2019.26.0.49
Mac : 2019.26.0.45

Current Issues:

• User reports of update banner taking a while to appear
  • Update interval summaries for better readability
  • Update minimal mode to be a bit smaller
  • Automatic association of completed/planned rides takes a long time
  • Spindown calibration for the NEO and the Direto (over ANT+) should be disabled

Fixed Issues:

• Tooltip for TR workout graph shows full duration for Interval Time - Fixed 6/4/19
  • Error when loading TR app for the first time - Fixed 6/3/19
  • Interval and instructional text sounds don’t work in min mode - Fixed 6/3/19
  • Interval stats size - Fixed 6/3/19
  • Can’t use space bar to pause workout during countdown - Fixed 6/11/19
  • ‘Workout Started’ text gets stuck on screen in minimal mode - Fixed 6/13/19
5 Likes

Hi Pete

Small bug. When hovering over the workout the Interval Time is appearing as the total workout time, examples below

Platform: Windows
Version: 2019.16.0.32-Beta

2 Likes

Hi Pete,

just installed the latest beta and now nothing works anymore.

Platform: Mac
Version: can’t tell as I can’t access that information

1 Like

Good eye! This is a known issue and we have developers looking into it :+1:

Hey @MNGL,

I’m so sorry to see that. I will share your issue with the team first thing in the morning when everyone is back online.

Are you able to log out and back in, or is that impossible due to the error message?

In the meantime, you can use the production version of the app if you have a workout to complete tonight. Uninstalling and reinstalling may resolve your issue with the Beta App in the short-term, however, this may cause us to lose valuable data that will be helpful in pinpointing the cause of this issue.

Thanks so much for your patience, we will be in touch.

2 Likes

Hi there!

So sorry to see that you ran into an issue right off the bat :slightly_frowning_face: I did some digging into the error and will create an issue for the developers to take a look at. We’ll be sure to keep you updated with the progress and hopefully get you on a version that actually loads your Calendar!

In the meantime, something you could try is to do a fresh install of the beta and see if that fares any better. To do so, go to the ~/Library on your Mac and look for the Application Support folder. Go ahead and delete anything related to the TrainerRoad beta. Following that, look under Saved Application State and also delete anything that mentions the TrainerRoad beta.

After that, uninstall the beta app, reinstall from the link in the main post, and hopefully you have a better experience this time around! If not, my apologies. We will certainly be looking into the issue in the meantime.

Thanks for reporting the issue! Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Hi Brittany,

I followed your suggestions. Unfortunately, I ended up with the same issue.

Darn! :slightly_frowning_face: An issue has been created and hopefully I’ll have some better news for you at a later time. I’ll be sure to keep you posted with any new information or changes.

Curious, what model Mac and version of OS X are you running?

Edit: I couldn’t wait until after work to download and checkout the new Desktop App :smile:So, I installed here at the office.

• Platform: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) running Mojave
  • Version: 2019.16.0.30-Beta

While I have no devices to pair, I have poked around in all other parts of the new app w/out issue.

Will update this post again after I test home MacBook Pro which is a 13-inch 2015 running Mojave.

Edit2: Downloaded and installed on home MacBook Pro. Aside from doing an actual workout, everything checks out.

• Platform: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2015) running Mojave

Hi @Pete

• Platform: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) running Mojave

I wouldn’t call it a “bug” per se, but the search function for Workouts only searches/parses workout names. This is the same behavior as the iPhone app. However, the web interface will also include workout descriptions.

For example:

Desktop App

Web

Would be nice if the search function within the desktop and mobile apps worked the same as within the web interface.

1 Like

Firstly congrats! Awesome update, nearly perfect experience compared to usual desktop app. Minor dropouts x 3 where power etc froze but didn’t drop out of erg mode and one where i had to manually press “m” to get it back in erg.

Only other minor thing is the summary text is small to read (I nearly can’t :joy:) and same with stats, would be great if just a little bigger.

Just feedback to help improve for all, love your work :white_check_mark: :star::star::star::star::star:

https://www.trainerroad.com/career/getbrem/rides/56732276-tallac-2

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I’ll pass your suggestion along so a discussion can be had. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the new app. :slightly_smiling_face: In regards to your dropouts, I took a look at your logs, and from what I can see, your power meter is frozen at a specific value for a short period of time before the connection gets interrupted, followed by reconnecting and resuming normally.

Is your computer close to your setup, or are you using a wireless keyboard? Dropouts like these tend to happen when you’re further away from the Bluegiga dongle. That being said, we’ll look into the dropouts and do some investigating.

Thanks for the report and we’ll be in touch!

1 Like

Quick update. I tried installing the new beta on a different Mac, again ending up with the same issue.
first Mac:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
macOS Mojave 10.14.5

second Mac:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
macOS Mojave 10.14.5

As it turns out, your issue is time zone related. A developer has been working on a fix, so once that goes in I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Thanks, it’s <80cm but will try the USB extension to move it closer and give some feedback. Cheers.

1 Like

@Pete when you go to preview a workout and hover over the interval, the current interval time is showing as the entire workout time (ie. 60min or 90min, rather than 60s or 5min interval).
All other data is correct.

1 Like
  • Platform: Mac
  • Version: 2019.16.0.30

Hi,
When I open the window in my laptop I can not reduce the size so that I can view the complete screen with the dock activated. Is this an actual bug or just do I need to go to full screen always in order to view full content.

Regards,

New OS app looks awesome - so so welcome - thank you TR!!!

1st bug i noticed was: when the app is in minimal mode the up/down arrows for intensity % no longer function.

many thanks

1 Like

I tried the up/down keys to alter intensities as well in minimal mode. They only work if the minimal window is in focus - so click on the minimal window and that will probably solve it

3 Likes