Early Access to Android Beta - Updated TrainerRoad

First run with the app today, looks good, I like the bolder lines for Hr and Power.

Ran into a problem where occasionally it wouldn’t display the zoomed in workout graph and stretch everything else to cover the gap, see attached screenshot.

No dropouts which was good, even when I was switching to different apps during rest intervals.

Had my first crash for a LONG time today. And my first critical crash ever. The app closed during the final 15 minute effort of Mount Goode -3 but I was able to re-open it and complete the workout.

Only difference to normal was that I was running in Standard rather than Erg mode (cause why not change it up every now and then?)

Back key started to close the app but app does not work - it is loading, showing the calendar for a moment and then everything is going black.

Power dropped out ~40 mins into Birch as I flicked to Spotify to change playlist. Took a few seconds to recover power reading on returning to workout screen.
Power on ant+.
Samsung S20.

I’ve heard giant beards interfere with ant+ :wink:

Having the same exact issue as of 48 hours ago on my Pixel 2.
I also have the beta on my Pixel 4A and do not have this issue.

Would it be possible to adjust resistance mode with a plus/minus button instead of a slider? The slider is not precise enough to adjust mid workout. Thoughts?

6 Likes

Totally agree. I thought resistance was going to work like it does on desktop with a quick swap to resistance mode. Unfortunately it looks like you have to navigate away from the workout, and hit a couple of tiny back arrows to get back to the workout screen.

Simple app cache cleaning has helped.

Just found an issue on the beta. I can’t scroll to or select january on the month selector.

As soon as I select january, the screen goes black and I have to kill the app.

Using free ride for a warm up earlier.

Swapped to another app on the phone (OnePlus 6T). On return the app had exited so re-loaded. It did offer to resume my ride but couldnt find sensors. Somewhere in the exit/close it hadn’t relinquished control of the ant+ radio chip. I had to force close to allow it find ant+ sensors again.

While I was in the middle I took a screen shot

After i took the screen shot the screen changed to

And couldn’t get back to the original view. I dont know how i changed it. I prefer the first view.
Device is a Samsung s9

Your rotation sensor triggered this. Just tilt your phone more upwards and it will get back.

To prevent this, mount your phone less flat or simply disable auto rotation during the workout.

1 Like

I would think if the rotation sensor was the problem, we’d see this:

No, I find it more likely the beta app still has bugs with keeping track of the orientation at various transitions. I prefer landscape mode, but the UI reliably flips orientation after completing workouts. The android navbar stays fixed at the bottom, so its the app somehow.

1 Like

no probs here, works fine on Samsung Tablet S4, yesterday first ride with firmware Update of Neo2 to 0.0.38 (Improved performance during hard sprints to prevent the trainer locking up), but workout without sprints, they will come in tomorrow workout, anyway haveN#t probs with older firmware 0.0.36 in sprints.

My sprint experience in ERG mode is perfect till now, reducing cadence 30s before and changing to bigger chain ring arround 10secs before sprints

I agree it’s a bug, but for sure it’s related to the rotation sensor, as I can -always- get the correct layout when tilting my phone and I can always prevent this with disabling the sensor (from the drop down toggles).

So my tips are a workaround to get a decent workout with this beta version :wink:

1 Like

Yes I experience the same, it might be something to with the interval summary or workout instructions?

I noticed the KJs were missing for a forthcoming workout on Sunday

Also I used my laptop with Bluetooth for yesterday’s workout. And today I decided to get on first thing and use mobile, but struggled to connect with in-built ANT+ for about 10 minutes. Not sure if it’s related to the different connection types in subsequent workouts? I managed to get to the calibration screen once, but the resistance didn’t kick in. I then lost ANT signal altogether.

Morning. the latest update to the Beta did not work yesterday. The app opened, flashed the calendar quickly and then went to a black screen. This is on a OnePlus 7 Pro with 256 GB memory so pretty new, fast phone. Before this, the app worked fine and looked good. (It seems tlike the power match is a bit better, from my 4iii to the Kickr Core but hard to tell!)

Clear the cache of the app, it helped in my case.