Cycling Memes and Jokes

Outstanding! I think I will submit a feature request: Meme Progression Level.

The Level 10 Meme PL workout name definitely has to be called Rizzi in your honour sir!

image

You’ve won the thread.

I encourage my wife’s belief that bike wheels are bogof :slight_smile:

catching up on the holiday season podcasts

I have this thought in the middle of many workouts…

Memes aside, this has been one of my biggest things since starting TR almost a year ago. Along the lines of the, “It never gets easier. You just get faster.” -Greg LeMond mindset. I remember a question on a podcast asking what the hosts wish they would have known when they started, and @IvyAudrain’s answer was basically just that. While that’s a little discouraging at first, it does help. When I started TR, workouts were a major struggle. I thought it would get easier as I continued training. I guess you do get used to “suffering” but you’re still suffering!

That one made me laugh out loud

Well it does get easier… but the hard gets harder.

For those who Zwift, I think you’ll agree this about sums it up:

image

Came across this one, not sure what this is trying to say…

Which led to a whole lot of suffering, thereby fulfilling the mission of devils and demons to bring more suffering to humanity…

And we volunteered for it.in fact we pay a subscription to it

I guess he’s holding a roller? It looks like toilet paper. Either way, I like it

Original cartoon is a roll of tape with no end to be found. I think the bicycling equipment equivilant would be that squeak/creak you just can’t find… (Spoiler, it’s your seatpost)

I’m like 9 months behind on TR podcast. Takes me about 2 weeks to go through 1 2hr podcast and they churn em out like hotcakes. Their jaw gets a lot of high volume z2 work

Or as a master cyclist once paraphrased elsewhere on the forum…

“It never gets easier. I just get slower.”

That’s definitely a bar. Not sure it’s aero :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: