Cycling Memes and Jokes

Product placement is a huge business all its own. Many projects have been saved from bankruptcy by having tons of paid product placements, and it’s hysterical to see the obvious brand name products with the logos covered because the brand didn’t pay for use of their logo. I’ve seen so many MacBooks with covered logos. It’s still a ploy device, but covering the logo apparently allows the production company to use the device/product. But it’s a big business, HUGE business. That Peloton didn’t realize what their bike product was going to be used for in that episode seems unbelievable. I read that some brands have representatives that will oversee the production, and consult with the crews on how to ‘place’ their item/s. Crazy…

Not to mention ‘pandemic pounds’. That moniker from my physician. (nice) :roll_eyes:

I was able to talk mine to allow me to bring my trainer and bike to a conference she was going to upstate. She was worried about me riding outside in that area, so I suggested bring the trainer and setting it up in the room, and folding it away when done. At first she said ‘HELL NO!!’, but eventually agreed. (I still did ride outside one day, had to, but it was great to be able to still ride while I was away) It also gave me a chance to evangelize my bike and now my trainer. (I was late getting to the room, and she had both keys :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging:))

Probably not a meme but I liked it anyway, maybe because I relate … :pensive:

After trying to read through the various Z2 threads on here.

Leading to this:

image

LOL. So true.


Iykyk :joy:

How many Katie Courics is that?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:…I just saw a video pop up of a guy biking across the reflection pond in DC (before falling through) and then saw this “icecycle”. Great timing! Video link: Watch: Man bikes across frozen pond in Washington, DC and it does not go well

image

34 Likes

Remember to carry out those safety checks.

I’m already out…

Yep, I used my soon to be no more Stay Fit funds yesterday. Who doesn’t want another set of HED Empoira Gravel wheels and a set of Onyx hubs charged to their soon to be former employer?

How I feel:

.
.
.

What I should do:

.
.
.

What I instead do:

I am just here for the memes :grin:

If you furiously forum-type for 5-6 hours per day you can accumulate enough cardiac load to stimulate z2 adaptations. My sources for this are “mind your own business” and “could probably beat Pogačar in a fistfight”

i am at the bike shop next door

30 Likes

Great meme but we just had that.