The battle of the HR straps

Truth hurts.

22 Likes

Garmin isn’t even on the meme ha.

3 Likes

I dunno, unless I disconnect my polar it’ll also eat batteries

3 Likes

12 Likes

I’ve only used Garmin straps for the last 6yrs. I have replaced the strap twice now, so on number three. But, it’s the same main unit/pod which I also periodically replace the battery. Also, when I need Bluetooth I use a Viiiiva HRM on my Garmin strap w/out issue.

That said, I don’t get the hate for the Garmin HRMs. Maybe it’s the newer ones and/or Bluetooth models :man_shrugging: On the other hand, the Wahoo HRM seems to really have issues garnering way more hate than the Garmin units online in the forums I frequent. Also, they get a lot of hate amongst friends in real life w/first hand experience.

3 Likes

Garmin strap user still using an HRM run from 2017? Plenty of use in salt water?
I’m pathetic. :wink:

1 Like

Where are you based? I see the Wahoo HRM hate all over the internet and I genuinely have no corresponding irl experience with it. Mine (admittedly 1st gen) has given me absolutely 0 issues over the years I’ve owned it and I’m even still on the original strap! People I speak to in person have all had good experiences too.

I wonder if there’s a discrepancy between what we get in the EU and what people get in the USA?
eta: yes I know I’m no longer EU, but I was when I bought my HRM.

Meme to keep the thread a meme thread (@midpack_memes on Instagram):

9 Likes

Hang on is there not a cycling gear and accessories thread to take the hrm conversation? Mostly for the Meme and Joke thread purists out there…

8 Likes

Yes, meme and joke topics here please.

Real discussion elsewhere.

7 Likes

PSA: Gear and accessories thread created as i think there was value in the HR strap battle discussion… happy to continue it there

1 Like

47 Likes

From Reddit:

31 Likes

Catching up on previous podcasts. As requested @Jonathan. @IvyAudrain

32 Likes

:sob: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

How’s that for bringing it back on topic :grinning:

40 Likes

I’m worried that might be lost on those not in the UK but I loved it :joy:

8 Likes

3 Likes

Yes I thought the same. For those unfamiliar with Only Fools And Horses they should google ‘Trigger’s broom’ :joy:

4 Likes