Calendar Sync w/ iCal: Set start times for scheduled workouts!

I know this issue has been raised in the past and cannot understand why this isn’t a bigger roadmap priority! Why are workouts pushed to iCal as full-day events without the ability to modify the exact start time?? This is an essential feature for anyone organizing their days around work and home commitments and fitting in workouts accordingly!

UPDATE:

This feature is already enabled. From your TrainerRoad Calendar, you just have to select the time for your scheduled workout, and that will sync to iCal accordingly:

*From TrainerRoad workout:

*Results in time scheduled in iCal

Was there a different feature or something otherwise you were looking for?

2 Likes

Is there a way to set a default time, or do I have to set it for every workout individually?

1 Like

There’s no ‘default time’ setting, unfortunately. I’ll pass that along to the team as a feature suggestion though!

5 Likes

Hi Ivy,

I was able to set a start time in the Android App and the web app, but in the desktop app, the appearance and behaviour is odd:

TR workouts - I can set a start time. However, for manually added workouts, swim and run workouts, the time option doesn’t appear below the date field.

Can you look into this - am I missing something or is this a desktop-specific bug?

Thanks,

I had to test this out on desktop, you do have to select ‘Schedule’ FIRST when adding a new workout,

Only after that are you prompted to select a time to schedule:

Can you test that out and see if it works?

1 Like

Hi Ivy, I get the same as you for TR workouts - I can choose a time while scheduling it. However, the issue is for all other workouts - non-TR. There’s no time option appearing on the Desktop app.

OOOO ITS A BUG! Thanks for bringing this up! The team will knock this out and get a fix going. Sorry for the trouble!

1 Like

When building a training plan and selecting the days of the week for workouts, it would be very helpful to also be able to set the workout start time for each day’s workout - e.g. Tue 6pm, Thu 6pm, Sun 4pm - so that it appears at the correct time when pushed to external calendars, rather than the current whole day calendar events.

7 Likes

I’d like to give this feature request a +1. It would be great to be able to add a start time in the plan builder interface for each day of the week. For example, when I create a plan I’d like each workout to start at 7AM so that I can see the workouts in my phone/desktop calendar app along with other events. I think it would be fine if this replaced any individually scheduled start times. Bonus points for a sub feature that asks if you want to replace start times that already exist. I’m sure this will rocket to the top of your priorities right next to all the fancy ML stuff :crazy_face:

1 Like

Big +1 to this feature request; ideally “default start time per day” – so I can then export TR calendar to my work calendar and automatically block the slots.

I’ll add a +1 to this request

Adding my BIG +1 here. Having global settings available when setting up training plans, as mentioned before, would be ideal! Going in and individually setting a time for each planned workout is tedious and inefficient

+1 here.

Also two-way sync would be great. And “re-sync” if I move my scheduled workouts.