Boarstone Vs Amadeo

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the justification might be for these two to be almost a whole PL different when there’s marginal actual difference if comparing the effort profile. There’s 1TSS difference and the IF is .70 and .69 respectively.

Seems odd. Anomaly? Worth flagging to TR team?

3 Likes

Yeah, they are slightly different but certainly doesn’t seem like it needs a full progression point different. @IvyAudrain ?

1 Like

Cadence drills in the workout with higher PL could be an explanation, since they can be quite taxing, especially in a 2h-workout.
Other than that I see no explanation. Might be worth checking if this is the case.

2 Likes

It’s kinda like trying to decide on how many angels can dance on a pinhead :grin:

2 Likes

Only one these days, social distancing etc… :wink:

1 Like

I did Boarstone today. I forget how these can load up the legs pretty good. I’ll try Amadeo in the week and see what that’s like.

Aren’t these progression levels just assigned by the AI? Maybe it’s as simple as a greater percentage of people completed one than completed the other.

Good point, maybe users cut Boarstone short and AI has picked that up? Not sure that’s how it works but maybe it is.

Hi! Looks like Boarstone has more time at 70% and above than Amadeo, and doesn’t drop below that like Amadeo does. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for looking at it

1 Like

For sure check in with support@trainerroad.com so they can confirm you’re getting credit for those outside workouts, and that your plan is up to date and working through Adaptive Training. They’re quick to respond and will be happy to help!

1 Like