A Time Trialing Thread

One of the few TTs taking place this year will have a pretty steep section towards the end so I figured giving 2x a Shot.
Yet to ride it, but definitely looks the part:

12 Likes

First official TT in 2 years. It was a flat, fast 40k TT that is usually held 2x per year. I took advantage of a super-fast day and took 1:02 off my best time and won the M45+. Felt good to suffer like that again.

Photo: Ted Morgan Photography

14 Likes

Church Creek?

That’s the one. Did you race too?

No, my wife was doing a tri on the same day so I had daddy duty. But going to make the second if they hold it. If not, next year. I like the course, but I’m a lighter (much lower power) rider, so it doesn’t suit me. Congrats on your PB and the win!

1 Like

Had my first TT since 2019 yesterday and first race on the new rig. I’ve been making fit adjustments blindly since I built it, mainly off feel and taking video riding the trainer. Glad there were photographers out so I could see what it looks like at full effort. I have a couple ideas for improvement:

1. Bring the front end up a little more so that I can drop my head more.
  2. Focus on shrugging more to narrow my shoulders (I’m a big, wide boy).
  3. May need to either lower the saddle or shift it forward 5-10mm

Thoughts?

Did two races (open and 35+). Took 5th in open and 1st in 35+. Set a PB on the course by about 40 seconds. Course was faster later in the day, as I didn’t even come close to my power target in the second race but was only 16s slower than the first. Course is out and back 18km with ~180m of gain to the turnaround.

16 Likes

All of the above sound sensible. Definitely worth a try.

Lovely bike :smirk:

1 Like

Just got back from tweaking my position with my coach. We tilted the saddle down a touch and tilted the extensions up. I’m hitting the limits on what I can do within the UCI/USA rules. Biggest tweak was fiddling with the helmet to get the tip to rest on my back. Looking forward to testing it…when the smoke clears out of the state :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: I should also mention I’m running a negative 17 or so stem. To get my back a little bit flatter we would have to go even more extreme, but it would be hard to source something that extreme before the championship in a couple weeks.

5 Likes

Are you using a 15 degree tilt or higher? For some reason, my extensions look a lot flatter to me than yours

20 Degree

1 Like

Masters? Good luck if so. Unfortunately I couldn’t make it with the kinda short notice. Hopefully next year :+1:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

What helmets are the Danish mens team pursuit team wearing at the Olympics? One of them is wearing a tempor but what about the others?

Kask Mistral x2, 1x Met Drone Wide Body, 1x POC Tempor.

:nerd_face:

1 Like

What helmet are the GB riders wearing - they look like Lazers but don’t have any branding on them so UKSI?

All of which aren’t too dissimilar really.
All of those have tested well for me.

All three I’m waiting to snag 2nd had and test with…

My local TT has just started to insist on front lights on evening TTs which is fair enough.

What do people recommend? I wont be riding in the dark so I’m just looking for a little blinking light “to be seen” rather than something to light my path.

Obviously I’m prioritizing aero :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve never actually used it but on TT training I carry one of these (well the front anyway) in my back pocket Lezyne LED Femto USB Drive Light Pair | Light Sets | Wiggle

2 Likes

I like the knog plus for a easy to attach flashing light.

However, like all knog products that I’ve used it’s useless in the rain. It works, but eventually let’s water in. On set 3 with this warranty. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

We tend to use these on flash in my club

https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/exposure-lights-trace-mk2-front-light-useexptrace2db/?istCompanyId=56f52ebf-49f3-492a-9cbb-cb6ab0fc1bf0&istFeedId=33b89177-5114-4491-9c2a-09a3a7cb23b2&istItemId=ilmmpxtlw&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQjwu7OIBhCsARIsALxCUaM7zvjgqUqXbiPzbVRPe0QVNKdE0v8xJ0WKIV6Cw3Zv5n4N6mPfQrgaAjyFEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Having marshalled at the turn a few times it is remarkable how easy riders are to spot who are using them.