Is a higher cadence actually better, how is crank length affecting your power output, and cornering drills that make you faster. All of this and more in Episode 129 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Topics covered in this episode
- How Cyclists Can Avoid Losing Fitness While Traveling
- Is a higher cadence actually better?
- Cadence myths busted
- How to adjust your training as a parent
- How to balance life with training
- Cornering drills to make you a better bike handler
- Do rollers make you a better bike handler?
- Your guide to proper line choice for cycling
- What is the difference between Normalized and Average Power?
- Is it normal to see higher Normalized Power than Average Power?
- What does Variability Index mean?
- How to use VI for pacing
- Are cooldowns necessary?
- What effect cooldowns have on your body
- How does crank length actually affect power output?
- Are longer cranks better?
- Why you should consider short cranks for off-road riding
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.