A discussion on cyclocross, road enduro, block periodization, heart rate, nutrition and more, all in Episode 176 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
More show notes and discussion in the TrainerRoad Forum.
Topics covered in this episode
- New TrainerRoad Forum ( Forum.TrainerRoad.com )
- TrainerRoad kits now available!
- New TrainerRoad Calendar
- TrainerRoad Pricing Updates
- Peter Stetina’s Sierra Prospect
- Best tires for grass cyclocross courses
- Why starts don’t always matter in cyclocross racing
- Ride with the coaches in Kona!
- When should you not train in the aero position
- How to peak twice in one year
- What is block periodization, and how should you use it?
- Should you skip pedaling drills?
- Why your heart rate stays high after a hard start
- How to fuel early morning workouts
- Do support crews make racing unfair?
For more cycling training knowledge, listen to the Ask a Cycling Coach — the only podcast dedicated to making you a faster cyclist. New episodes are released weekly.