Your personal best way to lose some fat - anecdotes / experiences / examples of what kicked your ***

I have realised some key things that make it easier - first, being to eat what I want to eat… but always making a conscious choice of how it fits into my training and life in general…

The second is to understand food. There just are some things that are really bad for you, such as pizza, fries, soda etc. So instead of complaining that “I can’t have those”, I just see them as things that come between my goals and my training.

Instead, I focus on making good food that will keep me full, fuelling the work I do on the bike: cornerstones being carbs and protein, low fat

Its honestly not super hard to find food that is low on calories and makes you full, you just can’t look at the basics of pasta, bread, rice, butter, etc since it is so damn calorie dense that you will eat you calories before you get full…

Also, get a scale! There is no way I can live without one… Its impossible to eyeball meal sizes and know what you are actually putting in your body.

I don’t believe in skipping meals, especially if it coincides with training… I diet on my off-days, and eat more on my training days. I also focus on carbs in mean before training, as well as feeling on the bike (around 40g)

I have been working with a coach for awhile now and some things that works for me:

• Chocolate milk the second I get off the bike to replenish carbs and protein
  • Plenty carbs during meal before training
  • Z2 half fasted rides, no carbs first hour or so, then add carbs.
  • 1700-1800 calories base intake, mostly carbs, then protein, least amount of fat. Always eat the calories I burn on the bike, so if I burn 800 on the bike, ill be eating 2600kcal that day.

I have a desk job, don’t do anything but move between kitchen, bed, desk and bike… So 1700 is enough…

Result:

• 4,5kg weight loss in 1,5 months…
  • 7% increase in power since November (crash and 3 weeks in bed) + 2 weeks cold during Christmas

Did nothing else but understand what I put into my mouth. I sleep better, I feel better, I am more fresh on the bike, I recover faster - and I am faster on the bike :wink:

12 Likes