Your Favourite Recipe - The Start of the TR Cook Book

I just made these today at work and omg perfect snack before a workout! They’re deadly :drooling_face: they take a few hours to make but it’s worth it!

1 Like

It may sound weird, but I love savoury porridge:

100g oats
100g smoked salmon
400 ml semi-skimmed milk
250g frozen spinach
nutmeg, garlic, black pepper

1 Like

Skratch Labs has a couple of great cookbooks designed with athletes in mind.

(the red numbers are links to the papers cited. 100kcal/slice)

Chickpea/Wheat flour bread! This is a high protein bread (5g protein per slice or 2x regular bread) that increases satiety after consumption. This bread recipe was inspired by the March 2023 paper ’ Enhanced secretion of satiety-promoting gut hormones in healthy humans after consumption of white bread enriched with cellular chickpea flour: A randomized crossover study’1 by Bajka, et al. The recipe was developed using guidance from the paper 'Effect of the Chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) Flour Addition on Physicochemical Properties of Wheat Bread’2 by Simona Man et al

I make this bread using a cuisinart breadmaker to do the mixing/kneading/rise then place the dough into a parchment lined breadpan (pictured at the end of this post, sorry, just after I took a loaf out so not cleaned!) to rise for an additional ~0.5 hour while the oven pre-heats to 420F. Bake for 40-50 minutes.

Water 1.5 cups
Butter 2 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Kosher Salt 1 tsp
Chickpea Flour 1 cup
All Purpose Flour 2 cup
2% milk 2 tbsp
Yeast 1.5 tbsp

Place ingredients in the breadmaker in the order shown. When the breadmaker prompts to remove paddle, take the dough out and put it in a parchment lined bread tin. Allow to rise for 1/2 hour while the oven preheats to 420F. Bake 40 to 50 minutes.

2 Likes