Your favorite snacks

What are your go-to snacks? There are days and times when I am starving and ate my lunch already. There are other days when I need a little something to tide me over.

A big snack for me is jerky. Made fresh at home, low(er) cost, easy to store and unless I am starving, will hold me until the next meal.

Snap or snow peas is another one.

When I need something quick and portable I like the Larabar’s, mostly since the majority of them are only made with like 3-4 ingredients.

2 Likes

I love a good flapjack. Usually have one towards the end of the work day if I’m feeling peckish and know I have a higher intensity ride in the evening.

1 Like

Currently trying to drop some weight so I try to build a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack into my day. Without these I’m much more likely to over eat or snack on bad stuff.

At the moment my go tos are:
Banana
Low fat plain yoghurt + dry rolled oats + honey
Boiled egg
Roasted chickpeas (with paprika)
Home made smoothies (frozen fruit and a little milk)

Pre-workout, my favorite snack is the Nature Made Fig Bars. They were mentioned on a podcast and I tried them and now addicted.

Post-workout/anytime – best snack is a hardboiled egg.

Honestly, hardboiled eggs are the absolute best weight-loss strategy than nobody talks about. Pure protein, no carbs - and they really fill you up.

5 Likes

Any flavors in particular? The ones I tried I didn’t really care for, but I like that it’s not so processed.

What do I do if I hate hard boiled egg!?!

2 Likes

That’s definitely the trick, you got to find the flavor of Larabar you like haha. My favorite is peanut butter chocolate chip. The chocolate chips help fullfil my sweet tooth.

1 Like

How can you hate a hardboiled egg??
:slight_smile:

I’m on a kick where I’m eating them with really coarse salt. And I’ve also gone through a period of time where I used hot sauce, Cholula being my personal favourite. But you could also try any spice that you like to dress it up.

5 Likes

Apples. Crunchy, juicey apples. I’d happily eat my own body weight.

4 Likes

Hard boiled eggs for when I’m watching my weight

Sweet potatoes

Fresh fruit

1 Like

de gustibus non disputandum est?

2 Likes

Apple slices with peanut butter

6 Likes

Chia Pudding!

Anyone in to dehydrating? I got a dehydrator for Christmas. Drying some sweet potato as well as some spiced chick peas right now. I think they will be good to snack on while in the trainer.

I’ll likely make some jerky and fruit leather this weekend.

1 Like

Im a big fan of the Nature’s Bakery Fig Bars. Kind of my go to at work and on the bike snack. If i’m at home and want something, i usually do fruit or some toast with peanut butter or hummus.

I’ve schedueled drinking. At 11 and 17 o clock I drink about 8oz water (addionally to my regular fluid intake). If I’m still hungry after lets say 20 minutes two apples are my go to. But I can handle the feeling of hunger very well. My problem days are the ones where its an uncontrollable craving. On these days I just can pray. :smiley:

Yep. I love those too. Good price at Costco.

Grocery outlet usually sells cases for $12. But just one flavor, which is nice if you have a flavor you really like.

I make a really big quinoa salad at the beginning of every week and that’s my go-to snack.

1 cup (uncooked) Quinoa (makes about 2 cups once cooked)
I can black beans (strained)
Half an onion (minced)
Red Bell Pepper (minced)
Jalapeno (very finely minced)
Half bundle of Cilantro (minced)
1-2 Lime Juice

Lots of flavor and 100% whole and nutritious foods :+1:

8 Likes