Why has my plan changed?

Hey All,

Wonder if somebody can help or make a suggestion on what might be going on with my plan?

I’m about to start week 4 of my base. In the last couple of hours, my plan has changed (without me doing anything!), and tomorrows workout has been replaced with a ramp test, previously it was a 1hr sweet spot workout. The other 2 workouts this week have been replaced with level 5.5 sweet spot, when my current level is 2.6.

Seems like something weird has happened. Does anyone else have the same issue or have any suggestions? Is this a bug?

Email support@trainerroad.com. This is not normal.

1 Like

Hey @MikeNolan !
It looks like you got in touch with Support, and they were able to sort things out for you!
Let us know if anything else crops up :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What happened? What caused this? Is it a bug?

I would need more information to say exactly what happened in this case. Trying to understand specific cases over forum threads can cause unnecessary clutter.

However, I’d be happy to look into this for you if you are having a similar issue. If so, shoot me a DM with the email address associated with your account and we can tackle this together!

A very similar thing happened today with my plan. I remember what workouts I had planned for today and tomorrow, but it’s super inconvenient and defeats the purpose of using Plan and Calendar.

Emailed support, waiting on resolution.

Hey there – we just made some significant updates to our training plans, and it looks like the update was applied to your current plan prematurely. Ideally, it would have happened automatically at the end of your current block, not in the middle of it. Sorry about that!

I just swapped those workouts back around for you, so things should be as they were before. Please let me know if you run into any more trouble!

Thanks, Zackery! I can see that this week is restored to its previous state, however, the rest of the plan isn’t what it used to be: Mo (VO2 max), Tu (endu), Wed (Threshold), Fri (VO2 max), Sat (SweetSpot).

Is it intended as part of the update you mentioned? Do I have the option to reverse it?

Thanks,
Alex.

Same problem here @ZackeryWeimer . Is there a workaround or do we just need to wait for support to go in and manually fix everything?

I’ve screen-captured it before applying adaptations, it’s just I’m not sure at this point what is part of the plan, and what isn’t - I’ve been using Xert for 3+ years and last month decided to give a try to TR Plans, and now I’m finding myself not following the suggested structure because it changes way too often but doing essentially the same thing as before, which is confusing ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@wombat Unfortunately, we can’t change the plans back to how they were previously – though we do think the new plans are better than they were before and we’d encourage you to try them out!

We apologize for the bumpy start you’ve run into here – your plan should remain more stable now that these updates are out. Regular adaptations are, however, how Adaptive Training works to make sure you’re getting the right workouts for your current fitness levels, so I’d expect some changes to continue to occur as you progress through your plan.

@at210 We don’t have a workaround for this, so we have to make the changes manually. Your plan seems to have adapted correctly – was there anything in particular you wanted to have changed?

Feel free to ping us here on the forum if you run into this issue, or email support@trainerroad.com!

:jack_o_lantern: Spooky change @ZackeryWeimer ! Do you know how TR plan will process if I simply continue with the previously scheduled workouts (2 weeks after this one that’s now matches the previous plan)? I’m just not sure that the 3 weeks on one plan and 2 weeks on new plan is going to be representative of a plan.

@ZackeryWeimer: I’m not sure it is adapted correctly, two reasons:

1. I just finished a rest week last week and am being prescribed a rest week again next week.

2. I was in general build this earlier morning but my plan is now showing me in base for the next 3 weeks - did the update change the general structure of how long base and build are prescribed?

@wombat You’d have to adjust each workout to match the previous plan manually. Adaptive Training wouldn’t change any of those manually added workouts, so you’d have to manually find alternatives if they don’t match up with your Progression Levels as they change as you move through your plan.

The overall goals of the new plans still line up with how they were built before, so they should still be taking your fitness in the right direction. The main difference now is that they have more recovery built into them by default, which means you should be feeling fresher and more ready for your harder sessions each week. :muscle:

@at210 Gotcha – if your experience level was anything other than “Low” when you built your plan, it may have been switched to “Low” after the updates were applied. The team working on this feature is looking into a fix for that. That is likely why you got shifted from Build back to Base. I’ll see if we can get that changed for you now.

I’ll take a look at that new rest week as well – I think that may have simply been adapted to lower intensity as part of the new plans, but we should be able to slot an appropriate workout in that week for you.

@ZackeryWeimer - ah! That makes sense to me now. I do believe I selected either intermediate or advanced so that would explain it. Thanks for the help.

1 Like