Who is embarking on week 3 Sweet Spot Mid Volume

So who started Sweet Spot Mid volume on week beginning 12 November?

That first over-under (Reinstein) nearly broke me.

Got my eye on McAdie fo this week - going to have a crack at it on Tuesday.

I did. Replacing over unders with a bit less time for each interval. I think for most riders 3x12 minutes in threshold the first week of a plan is far too much. I’m highly trained, 12 hours per week, and I couldn’t make it through that workout. Nor could I on the second week.

I’d be interested to see if you can make it.

I’m going to take a more measured approach as I think putting riders in situations where they fail workouts the first 3 weeks of a plan is never a good idea and creates self doubt and lack of motivation.

Bout to finish up week 2 today - and yesterday’s over/unders for 90 mins nearly broke me. Lack of nutrition throughout the day and shoveling the roof/decks probably didn’t help my cause either. I had to back off the intensity a bit on the last interval and my cadence was griiiiiiinding. But, I finished.

1 Like

Over-unders suck… but they don’t get better.

2 Likes

I’ve got Reinstein-1 on the calendar for tonite…oooh.

Leavitt +2 last night. Decided to swap out my road bike and put the TT bike on the kickr. Let’s just say there’s some extra burn this morning.

I just finished Sweet Spot Base MVI. McAdie kicked my butt in week 3, but I completed Palisade in week 4 100%, and McAdie +1 in week 5 went a lot better than McAdie. Summary: over-unders still suck, but you’ll get stronger as you go.

I Decided to go back and start a plan from the beginning. So I am doing SSBMV1. My plan builder didn’t give me the fitness I needed for my events and then the world collapsed and I thought I’d empty to cup and start from the beginning which I’ve never done. I’ll say I’ve always thought I had enough of a base that I could just skip to the build phase. I have to say SSB is not easy! I feel like I’m going to get some good gainz coming off this.

I’ve never focused on this part of my fitness I’ve always wanted to do more higher zone work. I’ve noticed a lack of power this past Dec-Feb and thought I should work on VO2 work but then I was looking into SS work and thought I’d give it a try and it’s hard! But I feel good!

At least it’s not the infamous Ms. Austin