What's your "19 Minute Song"?

This post’s is meant just to get a fun thread going!

I was just curious what everyone “19 Minute Song” is. During the Ramp Test I have a set playlist and right around 19 min when my world starts to get real small, I have a go to song that allows me to dig deep.

Foo Fighters - Hell.

6 Likes

“U Mad” - Vic Mensa feat Kanye

In the Fall it was “Jump Around” - House of Pain but that ramped the heartrate up a bit too much. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Volbeat — Seal the Deal
Metallica — Breadfan
Motörhead — Ace of Spades
Nitzer Ebb — Fitness to Purpose; Murderous
Anthrax — C11 H17 N2 O2 S Na

All of which I don’t listen to off-bike.

But since I’ve started doing TTE tests, it’s more like what’s my ‘59 Minute’ song. :tired_face:

9 Likes

Running Wild - Soulless
Children of Bodom - Hate me
Helloween - Ride the Sky
Accept - Fast as a shark
Spot the Euro metal thread running through that! :grin: :metal:

3 Likes

Tool Stinkfist

7 Likes

Foo Fighters any time … One of these days
Temple of the Dog : Reach down
Soundgarden: Black hole sun

2 Likes

Here is my entire Ramp Test Playlist:

Yiruma - “River Flows In You” 3:09 (Soft Instrumental to ease nerves during warmup)
Metallica - “Fade to Black” 6:58 (Slow build to great finish) 10:07 in.
The Offspring - “You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” 2:58 (Feeling pumped from Metallica, this is a good motivational song for me as it starts to get real) 13:05 in.
Rob Zombie - “Dragula” 3:43 (Terrible song but it makes me pedal hard) 16:48 in.
Bring Me The Horizon - “Throne” 3:11 (This is my official 2020 Training Song. Every year I pick a new song kind of like how Rocky has a new training montage song every movie…enough said) 19:59 in.
Bring Me The Horizon - “Throne” 3:11 (Let’s do it again) 23:10 in.
Bring Me The Horizon - “Throne” 3:11 (Never got to the 3rd time, but let’s go again!) Test Ended.

12 Likes

I just listen to Ultimate by Denzel Curry on repeat throughout the entire ramp test

5 Likes

Disturbed - This Moment

But I don’t know why it matters: I’m not hearing the music by 19:00 anyway!

The song before that is I Don’t Wanna Stop by Ozzy Osborne… when that one hits, I know the :poop: is about to get real.

3 Likes

It’s A Fast-Driving Rave-Up With The Dandy Warhols Sixteen Minutes - The Dandy Wahols

1 Like

You are a man after my own heart. I have the exact same logic behind my ramp test playlist. My song is Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better with the first chorus hitting at 19:20something.

1 Like

Rise Against-“Give it All”
Not my cup of tea under most circumstances, but it definitely gets the juices juicing!

4 Likes

Gideon - bite down

Good choice. Gotta build up to that one though. Don’t want your heart rate at threshold in Minute 5.

QOTSA - A Song for The Dead.

7 Likes

+1 for Children of Bodom! :metal:

Depends who I’m listening to at the moment, but Sabaton, Wolfheart, Norther, and Amorphis also feature prominently on my playlist.

3 Likes

Metallica - Fuel

Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone

5 Likes

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

26 Likes

Nice! Huge Metallica fan here! I got to see them perform this song live at the Fox Theater in Oakland, CA in 2016.
If you haven’t heard yet, Metallica Monday’s on YouTube during the quarantine. Metallica streams a new live show from their past. It’s pretty awesome.

5 Likes

yep - 40 to 1 by Sabaton would do the trick! :grin:

1 Like