Any metal heads here? 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘

Every time the song Beg For Life by Tomb Mold comes on RPE goes way down. What are some of your favorite heavy tunes to play while training?

8 Likes

I like hardcore/metalcore while working out. The ghost inside, acacia strain, for the fallen dreams, stick to your guns to name a few bands.

4 Likes

Eyehategod or The Dead See are good for grinding low cadence. Full of Hell for anaerobic work.

5 Likes

Sludge >>>
Never heard of The Dead See. Reminds me of Neurosis. Stoked to hear more from them.

1 Like

Slayer, Rob Zombie, Fear Factory, Mastodon, Huntress to name a few.

3 Likes

Been digging Wizard Rifle for longer intervals. Saw them open for Acid King and they rip.

1 Like

Not metal, but I’ve been digging hardcore/pv bands for shorter, more intense intervals. Iron Lung is always in season.

4 Likes

Is Tool metal?

Tool

:metal:t4:

I have done 80 mile rides on one Tool song, they are that long. :exploding_head::exploding_head:

22 Likes

Totally different kinds of music are fine with training, however for the late part of ramp test I have my favorite end of playlist:

Misteltein - where angels no more roam
The Berzerker - February
and for the last minutes Panzer Division Marduk.

You can try it, but your new ramp test result can make following trainings a bit harder :smiley:

1 Like

Although into a lot of things but metal, grunge, Post-Hardcore, the lot, big fan. Used to play a lot back in the day, tried to 'make it’s as a musician for a few years (advice: it’s hard) but now use it for certain workouts.

Current favourites are Killswitch (Jesse era) and American Head Charge.

2 Likes

I have a thing for female fronted metal. Spiritbox, Jinjer, Infected Rain are some examples.

5 Likes

:metal:Slipknot, lamb of god, slayer, lots of Metallica, Machine Head, Pantera, Children of Bodom, System :metal:

15 Likes

Yep Children of Bodom - Hate me, Follow the Reaper etc…best turbo training music you can get. Also Judas Priest, Running Wild, Accept, Powerwolf and Sabaton…my list is long :metal:

5 Likes

Slayer and Strapping Young Lad have got me through several tough workouts lately.

4 Likes

80s/90s Swedish & UK death metal and grind deserves a mention. Nicke era Entombed and napalm death are obvious, but there’s whole host of quality noise there.

Also thumbs up for sludge plus medium interval grinding.

3 Likes

big fan of metalcore during intervals, bigger fan of live metalcore (or any really) shows during long intervals. Especially now there’s so much really high quality content from the festival scene, pick a band that sounds good live and can command the crowd and it’s worth a full RPE point for me.

Angel of Death is a go to for those final vo2 max intervals, max out the volume and tear your vocal chords out, good times.

1 Like

Devy is the man!

1 Like

:metal: Up the Irons!!!

My buddy plays with Derek Roddy in Serpents Rise -new album just out. Got to hang out with some of those guys in FL about a year ago & spent some time in their practice space. Ridiculous talent but what passes for metal these days just isn’t my thing.

How about The Mars Volta?? My ears are still ringing from a show in a small club Providence in 2008!

1 Like

Tool is mind blowing, far & away the most psychedelic music I’ve ever listened to. My ex wife got me a special edition album called Salival released between Aenima & Lateralus. Mostly live cuts with “alternate” versions of some of their tunes & a cover of Sabbath’s No Quarter at the end for good measure. I saw them in Hartford right after 9/11 with Fantomas. They were unreal -they just gave every ounce of energy they had & wove this tapestry of sound in that building that was like nothing I’d ever seen or heard before.

7 Likes

Everyone should check out Kvelertak, they’re my favorite band at the moment and have been getting me through sustained power build.

Other than that, for workouts I mostly like hardcore (Every Time I Die, Sick of It All, Turnstile, Comeback Kid, early AFI) and older metalcore like At The Gates and Darkest Hour.

4 Likes