Best hard workout songs

I’m a fan of motivating music for the most intense workouts.
What’s your best three hard workout songs?
Mine are

My hard workout play list is here

7 Likes

(both albums by Metallica are perfect “Master Of Puppets” + “And Justice For All”)

…I forgot

7 Likes

Cool Ill add them to the playlist!

3 Likes

Because I’m old now, am more of a classic rock to metal fan. Some go to tunes:

Blue Oyster Cult - Don’t fear the reaper

Van Halen - Unchained and Aint Talkin’ Bout Love

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood and Wild Side

Rush - Tom Sawyer and Spirt of Radio

Offspring - most any song from the Smash album

Steve Miller - greatest hits album is good for a Z2 day.

Random songs: Taking Care of Business, War Pigs, Highway Star, Funk49, Back in Black, Hash Pipe, Uma Thurman, La Grange…

I’ll second AAF cover of Smooth Criminal.

4 Likes

Good stuff for sure! Lately I have really been digging the Foo Fighters while on the trainer, they just seem to have a lot of songs that get me pumped up.

5 Likes

Entire soundtrack to The Transformers: The Movie (1986), which includes classics such as “The Touch” and “Dare”.

2 Likes

inspirational when Hotrod takes over

When I really need to push it, just about anything with 180 bpm works well for me. 180 bpm means that at 90 rpm cadence, each beat is a pedal downstroke.

2 Likes

For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica)
Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC)
This Is Your Life (Dropkick Murphys)
Requiem For A Dying Song (Flogging Mollys)

5 Likes

“Nothing to Lose” by Suicidal Tendencies is a fav of mine.

2 Likes

Cult of Personality- In living Color

Almost any Rage song. But specifically Killing in the Name of and bullet in the head.

Front 242 welcome to paradise and headhunter.

Ministry. Thieves. And Burning inside.

Social D. I was wrong. And Angel’s Wings.

Fugazi. Waiting Room.

NWA. Fuck tha Police.

The entire Technique album by New Order.

11 Likes

Aside from rock and metal am very much impartial to s.p.y. (drum and bass), where the phat beats keep me cranking the pedals!

1 Like

I’ll freely admit I listen to some bubblegum pop when things get tough. Here’s kinda what I’ve been into lately:

Screamer album, by Third Eye Blind
Brittney Spears “3”
Pink “Just Like Fire”
Run the Jewels 3 album
Ra Ra Riot Belladonna
Griz, My Friends and I

3 Likes

Ramp tests are always The Prodigy Singles and B-Sides:
Firestarter, Their Law, Smack my B**ch Up, Poison, Voodoo People.

I’ve noticed on the bike it’s the best for hard workouts, but on a hard run Rage Against the Machine wins by 0.5 points.

6 Likes

When I used to do stuff like 5 x 4 @ 115%+ indoors (which I no longer do), AC/DC’s Back in Black would get me through warm up to the last interval.

:ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

I have a 20’ FTP test later on. I will try that playlist. If I fail I know who to blame :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta be honest, I did not expect to see Expire and Incendiary here but I like it.

My top 3 are:

Scratch the Surface by Sick of It All

Pleased to Meet You by Trapped Under Ice

You Bring the Thunder, I’ll Bring the Lightning by Red Hot Rebellion (which I got from one of my favorite mountain bike edits- 26 ain’t dead )

But really the entirety of the Classic Hardcore playlist on Spotify is great and has been getting me through the long sweetspot intervals I’ve been doing lately.

1 Like