What workout did you do today? (2020, part 2)

Man, feeling like drowning is 100% accurate to that feeling when you hit the point where you feel like you can’t take in any more oxygen no matter how hard or fast you breathe.

2 Likes

Man I’m bad at single leg drills. Those spike are usually me trying to switch legs, having the Erg mode kick up resistance, then me getting spinning again.

Weird, I extended the warm up but felt like the cool-down went short.

11 Likes

Ok so today I did 2 sets x 28min of O/U , 7 x (2min 95%, 2min 105%). Surprisingly, my HR didn’t go above LTHR that much. Standing up is crucial to clear the muscle pain.

12 Likes

Bashful +2 - Just getting in that one VO2max ride per week

14 Likes

TBH, I’ve never tried, but can imagine it’s quite a challenge due to the sudden movement as you suggested.
I drink from a wide mouthed bottle which sits on the table/launch platform at the side of my rollers.

3 Likes

Another Carson for me last night.
Dropped my FTP by 20 as I haven’t done any threshold or VO2 for a few weeks, but I’m encouraged that this workout felt easier than usual.
I’ll hold off committing to a plan until after Xmas and just mix in some higher TSS workouts.

I think it was my weight loss attempt that broke me, I’m sure I’ll need to commit to that after Xmas too :poultry_leg::birthday::wine_glass:, but I’m seriously considering seeing a dietician as all my previous attempts have ultimately stagnated and failed .

14 Likes

Ramp Test yesterday then Pierce today with my improved FTP.

11 Likes

Antelope +5 today with 30 mins extended1

15 Likes

Didn’t have time for a full length Bondcliff this morning so I opted for one of its shorter siblings.

Really liked the way that the interval was broken down into five minute chunks. It fries my brain when I have to push steady watts for prolonged periods.

13 Likes

Collins +1

Distracted myself by doing the widest, flattest, zwift orbit I could find…

11 Likes

14 Likes

Beech today , recovery week !

6 Likes

Mokelumne +1:

My rear derailleur really dislikes my Suito right now, which I have discovered after trying to do these sprints in resistance mode and having an unnecessarily rough go because the chain refused to sit where I told it to sit. The whole bottom half (top half? bigger half?) of the cassette is basically unusable. More reasons to stay in Erg I guess :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

Angora for me. Hard! Glad I was able to finish it…

14 Likes

Fail at 20 mins test:

Many causes here: poor nutrition yesterday (massive caloric deficit, should have noticed earlier) and poor pacing being the main culprits.
Both those caused my head to just let go and crash, and burn :slight_smile:

Tempo/SS to still get some stimulus.

Will probably do a ramp test on Friday (only have a relatively easy SS workout tomorrow) then another attempt at the 20 mins on Sunday.
Let’s see how I feel by then :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

IF 0.99 Yeah, I won’t be attempting this one in a hurry!

4 Likes

First day of my AL and it was forecast torrential in the afternoon with a storm being blown in by the strong wind. I don’t think I would have done a high intensity session outdoors with that forecast but a endurance session was in my calendar so I took it outdoors. It was just one lone zone 2 ride. Oh did I mention it was windy, I never had the speedometer displayed but I was 16mph out and 19.3mph back for circa a quarter of the power on the out leg :neutral_face:

10 Likes

Wright Peak -1 1/9th… so this ‘week’ (8 days it’s taken) of SSBMV2 has done for me. Going to take an extended recovery now before starting build after the holidays. I’m off to put ‘fresh legs’ on my Christmas list.

15 Likes

A little foreshadowing from last week. I said I didn’t want to make more workouts in my catalog and just used the 4 sets of O/Us with the intent of doing 3 sets. But last week I was a champion, and completed all 4! I think a few factors lead to me only completing 3 this week. I mean, this workout is harder with 2 under 2 over vs last week’s 2 under 1 over. I did Rockhouse over the weekend, and my god that was a very hard workout. And sleep being affected.

I now want to do the full 4 intervals and totally think I can when things align a little better. Probably next week!

Taking today off. I may do an easy ride after baby sleeps tonight but don’t want to affect tomorrow’s workout.

15 Likes

Kaweah +1 as a 90 min substitute for Donner in SSB2MV. Took in a pile of carbs (banana, 1.5 clifbloks sleeves and some skratch), but after struggling with the 10 minute intervals last week, felt good to knock down these 12 minute ones (lower RPE could be due to vo2 max intervals yesterday as well as acclimation to new ftp).

Seeing All Time x184 pleases me as well.

22 Likes