What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Welcome to the daily workout thread for the new year and decade.

This continues the idea from the original thread.

17 Likes

My strava already went to 2020 mode so here goes

Taylor -2

HR runs pretty low for this workout, doesn’t start to climb until 15 seconds into the interval

2019 recap, made by 400 hour goal by 15 minutes!

14 Likes

Yee Haw…Peace out 2019… I started with Taylor -2. Then, I was planning, and started, Appalachian (3:30 min endurance/tempo), but I bailed on that, and decided to ride outside. Had a fun outdoor ride to wrap up 2019. Happy New Year, y’all. Let’s make it great!

10 Likes

Due to riding outdoors (shock! horror! :flushed:) most of the days between Christmas and New Year (not the Rapha festive 500) I delayed Monday’s workout, Mills, to this morning.

Let’s just say that a workout at 0930 on New Year’s Day after a (ahem, cough) slight amount of intoxication the night before isn’t a good idea! Found most of the intervals tough but stuck with them and didn’t need to reduce intensity on any of them or back-pedal during the recoveries.

10 Likes

Well done chad.

Happy New Year!

14 Likes

Echo -2 to start the year.

12 Likes

Avalanche Spire -1. Easy, nothing spectacular. Long rests allow to fully recover, gradual overs not challenging like these with constant power.

12 Likes

Has anyone that has done a workout today and is connected to Strava noticed that the sessions appear on Jan 1st 2019 and on Jan 1st 2020?

For me they are duplicated.

Did an hour Z2 / Z3 on the bike and a 5km Run both appear, in Jan both years.

Edit just check previous years and each New Years sessions, for me, always appear in the correct year and the previous year, weird.

3 Likes

Not for me. Might be some timezone weirdness. I’m in the UK so on GMT/UTC at the moment.

I would shoot a quick email to Strava support. They have been good at resolving issues for me in the past.

Same, might just be my account then. Cheers for checking.

I did Mt Hale. Still getting used to ERG mode. Cadence slowed as the session went on, but made it through.

13 Likes

Something seems to have changed with sweet spot for me. Having not retested my current FTP should be lower than what it is set at after time off from being hit by a car and more importantly not following structured training for a long time. Either it’s proper fuelling, or I knocked my head and the ‘enjoy sweet spot workouts’ switch inside my head flipped over.

14 Likes

My mates who I should of rode with bailed…something about feeling ill or something :face_vomiting: so I did Andrews ……god it was boring - have Warlow Saturday at which point I will probably prefer boring…happy new year all :grinning:

6 Likes

Ebbetts plus 15min easy for me today. HR was a bit high still, but otherwise all ok.

12 Likes

First of 2020. Second session of the day (rode outside first). Onwards.

14 Likes

First session of the year, nearly saw my peanut butter sandwich again!

12 Likes

I did avalanche spire -3 this morning. I have a big ride on Sunday so trying not to overload in advance.

12 Likes

First mountain bike ride of 2020 completed. Nice day outside!

First crash of 2020 also taken care of in first mile. Damn those rock gardens :-[

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 12.05.58 PM

15 Likes

Run yesterday and Tray Mountain this morning. Higher heart rate than usual… pointing to a few beers as the culprit…

For the tight achilles, I’ve been stretching doing calf raises, and adjust my fit. Brought my cleats further back and lowered the seat a bit. This seems to have addressed the issue! We’ll give it a few more rides and continue to be light on the running and heavy on the stretching.

12 Likes