What workout did you do today? (2023)

Welcome to the daily workout thread for the 2023 season, first half.

Prior thread:

5 Likes

First post is a run!

Come on TreadmillRoad!

Half distance tri plan week 1 :slight_smile:

9 Likes

A now traditional early run starring 7:59am about 20 minutes before sunrise so I could watch the New Years sunrise.

Long Steady Run 16 miles.

9 Likes

40 minutes of low cadence big gear high tempo (sweetspot) work, working on Strength Endurance. Done outside. Total 1 hour 10 outside with 30 mins getting to and from section of road I used, acting as warm up and cool down.

1 Like

Hatch

Polarized Base starts tomorrow.

10 Likes

Did a couple of 30 minute workouts to spin the legs including Volunteer -1. Gotta start the year somehow lol.

8 Likes

Only in my shed!

Happy Fibonacci day
1, 1, 2, 3 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Reinstein today solid start to the New Year

3 Likes

I started the New Year with Kennedy

2 Likes

Had Walker scheduled but have the flu, so chose something of lower intensity but longer, Broken Hand. Longest ride by 22 mins, will give Walker a shot next week if I’m feeling better.

9 Likes

Threshold day…

10 Likes

First O/U session in quite a while. No part of my body enjoyed this.

9 Likes

This was a 4-hour ride with 4x30 minutes of Tempo intervals. The aim for the intervals was to get my average HR into the range of 145-151 bpm (threshold HR is 162 bpm). On the first interval, I just set it to 280w and average HR was 148 bpm, perfect. On the second interval, I maintained 280w for the first 27½ minutes, but then my average HR rose from 151 to 152 bpm, and I had to drastically lower the wattage for the final 2½ min of the interval to get the average HR back down to 151 bpm. Trying to mess with the wattage like this while riding seemed kind of silly, so for the final two intervals I just lowered the wattage a bit each time, and I was able to keep HR in the targeted 145-151 zone.

This is my first time to target HR instead of wattage on such long intervals, in such a long ride. A bit of a learning curve, but seems promising.

I was originally going to add another half-hour of Endurance riding at the end, but after the intervals I was pretty tired, and in any case this got me to 18 hours of biking and 13,200 kJ on the week, both records for me. I am taking the day off today!

9 Likes

Rest day with FTP test day tomorrow :grin:

2 Likes

Yayamari (fail)

First VO2 workout in three months. That was rough.

8 Likes

Ooft. When I start back on VO2 work I think I’ll ease back in with some on/offs for a couple of weeks before hitting sustained intervals.

20 Minute FTP assessment to start the year off.

9 Likes

6.4 seems awfully optimistic

2 Likes

Bunch of gardening and DIY inbetween

5 Likes

Sweet Spot 5.8 (+0.2)

10 Likes