What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

This did not make it past us. :rofl:

1 Like

Too tired for Sweet Spit tonight so did Colosseum-3 to spin the legs

4 Likes

Tunnabora for me today:

All the problems with my trainer setup were resolved after opening a ticket with tech support. Seems that Garmin Express had snuck onto my computer. Not sure how that happened. Anyway, uninstalled GE and all was well again. Thanks support!

12 Likes

Bashful +6

VO2sdays are my favorite (as long as the intervals are under 3 minutes). This one was great.

14 Likes

Off day from cycling but on day for a run. Getting slightly faster as I am putting in more hours. Feels good to finally back in so so running shape.

10 Likes

Ramp test, +7 watts from last time and a new FTP PR (all time):

13 Likes

Mills… continuing the trend of doing the Tuesdays from SSB MVII during SSB MVI. I really felt the FTP bump in this one… I think Spencer +2 next Tuesday might be a step too far… got to get through Palisade and Eclipse at the weekend first… eeep!

15 Likes

Short easy run this morning (26TSS)
Zwift race this evening (103TSS with wu & cd)

Bird -1 tomorrow should be fun.

4 Likes

Tired legs going into that one.
How in the flying hairball does Thomas De Gendt go 311w / 343w NP - 4.97w/kg for an entire 200km stage maybe 5 hours?
And van avermaet was something like 450w for 45 minutes in that digital Flanders. Unreal. Holding 450 for a minute isn’t easy. Insane.

14 Likes

Rain and wind so did VO2-Tuesday inside.

Easy set of 20 x 30/30

15 Likes

The end is in sight for my block of SSBLV1. This workout really went sideways though. Still felt a slight bit of fatigue from the weekend so not sure if that was it but the wheels came off the wagon on the 3rd set of O/Us. Figured I’d pull the plug, rest tomorrow, and move on to my next workout on Thursday…hopefully fresher.

14 Likes

Obelisk

Just an easy recovery workout tonight, but I wanted to get a ride in after a busy day today and planning on push mowing the yard for 3.5 hours tomorrow.

11 Likes

Massive congratulations :+1:

6 Likes

Beech

nice easy recovery ride.

Caught myself singing at the top of my lungs in the last interval, then burst out laughing, as I realised I had crept up to what was my FTP when I started, back in Jan. How man, progress is sweeeheeet.

9 Likes

Townsend instead of Pettit because I have time:

Heart rate spike near the end is when my Golden Retriever wanted to play fetch and almost tipped the bike over :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Nice and steady endurance session. That said, I did get a power spike towards the end, which came as quite a surprise.

11 Likes

was it ellotheth’s dog wanting to play fetch? :smirk:

1 Like

Completed Monitor this morning. This is my first attempt at structured training and 4 workouts down now after the initial ramp test last week, really enjoying it so far. Never really done any road riding before just mtb once a week/once every 2 weeks, so hoping for a lot of room for improvement and maybe start entering races once everything gets back to some sort of normal. I am 30 and interested to see how far i can push myself.

11 Likes

Baxter as a bit of endurance and recovery from yesterday’s VO2 session - rest of the week is outside I feel - something easy tomorrow, training tt on the road bike Friday, zone 2 sunbathing Sat/Sun is the plan… :smiley:

7 Likes

I have decided to put my FTP to the test - Kolie Moore Progression 1 after another two weeks of threshold and I was very (positively) surprised - 15W up, with increased TTE. I have 10 more minutes, at this pace, in the tank for sure. Decoupling was 0.5% so quite happy with pacing (my first fully self paced FTP test).

So simple methods are the best - if you want to be good at threshold riding, ride at threshold :slight_smile:

12 Likes