What workout did you do today? (2020, part 1)

Cadence was an issue for me early on. However I adapted super quickly. Best of luck

1 Like

Rode from Metro Memphis to the Farm and found some AMAZING ROLLERS!!! Slight headwind the whole way east, but stoked that it was dry and sunny!!!

Instagram details: @BrendanHousler

10 Likes

Try changing your training up. If you have doing a Crit plan change to sustain power build or TT plan
It might give you a new outlook on your training

Thanks, @DazzaW1 - Its a good time to be thinking about my training (probably similar for us all with events cancelled).
A bit of context for info and your general amusement: I am probably know my strengths (1min and 5min power, although its a guess) and I am busy trying to turn myself into something completely different (24 hour time trialler, audaxer and endurance racer)!
Given I am probably racing at 65-80% FTP, I’m intending to do a block of SSB1, but modified to add in some more long-distance in place of one of the sweetspot workouts.
I’ll maybe start a separate thread…

2 Likes

Ouch.

16 Likes

was quite an epic for sure! Nice work.

Galena was scheduled, but I did Galena +1 instead:

Kept the intensity up near Sweet Spot in the rest intervals just to see how it would go… a bunch of all time PRs was the result :grin:

My 1hr power is 238W now; when I started with TR in March 2018 I was at 135W for the same duration! I am definitely faster!

Sundays I usually follow up with Baxter +2 in these locked down times, but all I could manage was some of vanilla Baxter:

18 Likes

rain today. got in a steady endurance row this morning (50% 2k power). will get in 2hrs zone 2 on the trainer this afternoon.

edit: the rain held off. got in some road miles

12 Likes

JUNEAU -1

72‘ Sweet Spot Minutes
8x 9‘

14 Likes

After my first bout of SS (Carson) in forever today this looks absolutely horrific, and it’s a -1 variation!

Good job.

4 Likes

Just over 3 hours zone 2 in the sun in the UK - cool and quite breezy but virtually no traffic. Back to work next week…kind of well no teaching - just login to the school hub on a daily basis …I wonder what exciting things they can come up for me to do from my front room bar setting Physics work for our y9 students which I appear to have been allocated! :laughing:

9 Likes

Week 1 of my personalised SSBMV2 done. I’m glad to get this one under my belt, as it’s been 3 weeks since I’ve spent 2 hours on the trainer. Interested to see if I make any gains on this second run through…

14 Likes

Well if it is physics then sure watch you on Trainerroad or Zwift will be the perfect lesson. Outdoor physics v virtual physics :grinning:. See Anyone using RGT Cycling, thoughts?

Working my way up to Washington +4 which so far I’ve yet to complete!

16 Likes

Staying focused on the weekends. I did have a Threshold workout scheduled but I decided early on that I wasn’t up for it. This ended up being a high TSS week for me, (some junk miles for sure), but an Anaerobic effort yesterday - so I’m glad to just get on the trainer for the second day in a row and knock something out that felt effective for moving the needle.

Antelope -5, fueled with a 300 calorie bottle of Tailwind.

14 Likes

TR this morning
Then a swim this afternoon 1500m

14 Likes

Galena. This is my jam! For some odd reason I love that pain that comes from spending long periods of time just under ftp.

13 Likes

Fletcher for me today:

Done with the rest week of SSB low volume I (been doing an extra ride or two for the last three weeks or so to start increasing volume). Stepping up to mid volume for SSBII. Wish me luck!

8 Likes

Today’s training was a doing 30 minute blocks of low cadence muscle endurance working on the mid engine legs bust at the end. Nailed it the last lap or effort was a fight of will power but still hit the target I set myself of 250 with 251 when I was fatigued so a good effort after 2 hours. Laps 1 and 2 averaged 257 and 253 and lap 2 included a down hill section just to make things harder

On the whole efforts extremely smooth

6 Likes

check out my cadance - the last 2x9 i fighted to survive

2 Likes