What Beer are you enjoying?

We are in Destin, towards the gulf right when you come over the toll bridge. (Near Bass Pro Shops).

Yeah, I have my gravel bike with me along with my roadie….did some trails last year and want to hit some more of them while I am here.

Rode past Grayson Brewery today as a matter of fact…will definitely be hitting them up at some point.

1 Like

Flying Coffin IPA from Props Brewery in Ft. Walton….nice classic, old school IPA. Hoppy with a pleasant bitter finish. Love the copper color.

ETA - yeah, I know it is a Pilsner glass but it is all I have here. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Reptar Juice from Twenty-Six Acres Brewing, picked it up from TJs and now I’ve moved on the Dark & Stormys.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Good People Brewing IPA…love their motto - “Be good people, drink great beer”.

Similar to the Flying Coffin IPA above….nice copper color, hoppy flavor with a great bitter finish.

4 Likes

Harpoon Juicer Hazy IPA, Logan Airport.

Extremely light for a 7.2% beer

3 Likes

Get a bowl of clam chowdah from Legal Seafood to go with it….an IPA pairs great with it!!

1 Like

Oddly enough, we waited at legal seafood for 20 minutes and never got served. Also oddly enough, when the bartender at this beer bar in Brussels poured my Victoria Strong Blonde with a massive head I thought about @power13. I need to be on the forum less

3 Likes

That pour is a crime against humanity!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

Aloha Sculpin in an Elysian glass :+1:

5 Likes

Friends visiting from Boston.

4 Likes

TLDR - but has anyone tried the non alcoholic like Athletic Brewing? Any others?

As I’m getting older and finding out I’ve a minor case of gout, wanted to find a way to celebrate post-rides with a good brew without any flare ups due to alcohol. Yea I miss the slight buzz. For me its been just social drinks so wasn’t like I was doing this daily/regularly, just like a good beer.

Thanks!

1 Like

3 Likes

I love a good Czech Dark Lager…

1 Like

The temps hit 70F today, first time since February? I dunno. Last night I had some Kava from Tonga, so of course tonight I had to go Deep Island. And pull out the Bob Marley rock, because the water hit 62F w/o solar panels. Time for afternoon rides and swims, once I get my pool vacuum rebuilt.

3 Likes

My wife has taken so many photos of me with all of the beers I’ve had over the past 10 days, first in Flanders and the last week in Bavaria.

The only one I’m posting is of the Kloster Andechs Weissbier at the monastery in Andechs, Bavaria (I’ve always wanted to drink beer at a monastery). I did a 20k run with hiking poles that culminated at the monastery immediately prior to this. Had to make it 4k back to the train station after.

Favorite beers of the trip would have to probably be either the Leffe Blonde or the Kwaremont Blonde - I’d had both in the states before, but they tasted so much better on draft that what I had in the states is tough to call the same beer. Brugge Tripel is also fantastic.

For any beer lover visiting Brussels, i HIGHLY recommend a solid afternoon/evening in Delerium Village.

3 Likes

Delicious, but hyper-local to north Norfolk I think.

4 Likes

First time seeing this Maine beer in NorCal. Tasty.

5 Likes

Duvel 6.66 in the snifter I bought from the Develorium in Brugge

4 Likes

You got a great selection there! We are lucky in New England in that we have a ton of great craft breweries. One of the founders of Wormtown (Be Hoppy) is one of my oldest friends so I am a bit biased but they make great beer. Trillium and Mighty Squirrel are nothing to sneeze at either

2 Likes