Weight gaining salads

Hello,
I am currently on the quest ot gaining weight; I regualrly go to the gym 3 times a week and am on a program that is quite good. However, my biggest issue is the weight gain area; I am almost 6 foot but I weigh only 65kg and I seem to be more on the journey of losing weight rather than gaining. On the days I have to go Uni, I have to stay there for a long time because I’m commuting from home so I can’t prepare food there. My only option is to eat takeaway, which can get quite expensive if I eat healthy, or to take food from home which is what I want to try doing. I also don’t get a lot of time to eat, particularly at work, where I can only eat once every four hours so I need food that I can take out and that are heavy.

I’m thinking of eating salads, such as chicken salads but I’ve searched but I can’t find salads that are high calories and can be taken out. Any high calorie recommendations? Right now, I’m drinking protein shakes and eating protein bars alongside most other high calories foods I can find at home but this doesn’t work outside.

Or you can carry food with you.

A salad of two avacados, a tomato, a chicken breast, 1 tbsp olive oil, some olives, some grated cheese, and a few token greens would pretty pretty high-calorie, just from all the fat. I don’t know that you’d really want to train on that, though, unless you’re on the HFLC train.

1 Like

I make a big batch of quinoa or brown rice and toss some of that in my salads for added carbs. Soaks up the extra dressing and provides a bit of a textural difference.

1 Like

Dude, just eat a bunch of carbs. They’re cheap, tasty, and easy to make. Add healthy fats and protein as needed.

I wish I had your problem.

1 Like

I would just eat free range as healthy as you can and not worry about your weight. Being skinny is generally a good thing for long term metabolic healthy.