Wahoo Kickr not working post upgraded version

Has this been fixed yet? I’m currently on my bike as I type this and it’s incredibly frustrating. My kickr has the latest firmware and my laptop, iPhone, and android tablet have the latest trainerroad app (yes I tried all of these devices). In addition, I’m not able to get the advanced spin down option to appear. I’ve done it in the past so this is strange. I can’t get erg to consistently work.

Update, for some reason erg isn’t working at the lower wattages but fine for the higher ones. Perhaps I’ve hit the wattage floor? Just puzzled because I did workouts last week with no problems

I can’t get the advanced spin down to come up either and I used to. I may be wrong but wahoo may have removed it in the last update.

1 Like

I’m not sure what your current setup is but I was having issues with ERG mode on my kickr17 using power match. I have since turned off power match in TR and just do it through the wahoo app. I haven’t tried turning it off in the app and on in TR but that may work as well. For me, I had it on in both places and it seems like it was causing me issues. Not sure if that will help or not.

Good luck

They must have because I had access to it no longer than a week ago.

Just a quick update, I was having the drop out issues. After doing the Wahoo App factor re-calibration the problems seems to have been solved.

In case people want to know, here are the instructions for the “Factory Spindown”:

3 Likes

I just wanted to thank you for this link. I’ve spent about 10 hours over the weekend trying to get the power working on my kickr, it’s been driving me crazy. Your post sorted it for me today - THANK YOU!!

I am having the same issue with both TR and Suffer all of a sudden. Not sure if there was a Wahoo update recently.

Its definitely possible! Those firmware updates can be tricky to find, check in with the team at support@trainerroad.com and they’ll gladly help you out.

I have been having intermittent loss of Erg mode a lot recently (March and April 21). Tech support hasn’t been very useful, pointing me to a buch of starter-level how-to-connect type articles. My problem is intermittent, like in today’s Bashful +1:

All going well until the final three intervals where I just could not get the trainer to lock at the requested power. Everything works fine until it doesn’t. Any ideas?