PSA: Please Update 1st-Generation KICKR Firmware

Hello, Wahoo KICKR Users!

As TrainerRoad’s Customer Support Director, I’d like to address anyone that uses a first-generation Wahoo KICKR and hasn’t updated its firmware in a long time. If this description fits you, you may be experiencing problems with ERG mode, and I’d like to make sure you’re getting the best experience possible with TrainerRoad. :slight_smile:

To this end, make sure you have up-to-date firmware on your KICKR.

How Do I Know What Gen. KICKR I Have?
Check out @GPLama 's video on how to determine what generation KICKR you own:

How Do I Update My KICKR’s Firmware? (You’ll need an iOS or an Android device and the Wahoo Fitness Application)

As always, feel free to email our Customer Support Team at support@trainerroad.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Happy training, everyone!

-Alex

7 Likes

Did anything change recently (either by Wahoo or TR) that accelerated the urgency of this post or is it more to do with a trend you guys have been seeing from your side?

Hey, @RONDAL,

As firmware and applications evolve, an older version of one may not work with a newer version of the other. In this case, our application has improved to the point where we no longer can support the old firmware found on 1st-gen Kickers.

Good to know, but also good to know (once I checked) that Wahoo hasn’t recently (in the last 2 months) pushed a new update either. Had me worried I may have been behind on my version. Re-reading your post you did say “hasn’t updated in a long time” but by that you meant a LONG time.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like they have released any updates for the Original KICKR since May 2017