Using TR and Zwift Concurrently

No, I donā€™t notice HR going up - but I do notice cadence increasing when I (stupidly) try to speed up to catch up with someone (and fail of course since Iā€™m in erg mode).

3 Likes

I DONā€™T like when they have CC going on the hilly loop. Makes whatā€™s supposed to be an easy ride more stochastic than I really like on those days. But it is more realistic.

LOL, I havenā€™t stumbled on one of those yet. I luck out and get to stay on the flats all the times Iā€™ve tried.

I did a Bowie one through Sand & Seq which was fun and felt a lot like a typical road ride with pace changes and such. Really fun and surprising when you consider itā€™s done with a bot :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not sure if that was posted in this thread before, but if you use Zwift and TR on a Windows PC, this tool here is quite useful and became even better with the latest updates (autohide taskbar, remove window borders around zwift windowā€¦).

(Iā€™m not the author, just a user of said tool)

Cheers!

7 Likes

Can you provide a link please @cborsbach? Missing from your post :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

Aww, crap! Forgot the link. Edited the post. Sorry :wink:

1 Like

Hey all,
a Heads Up (pun intendedā€¦) for us Zwift and TR together crowd: With the latest Zwift Update you can press H (or use a button on screen or in the companion app) to hide the HUD from the Zwift screen completely. As most relevant numbers are displayed in TR anyway thatā€™s a nice way to declutter the screen and up the immersion factor. Especially when combined with camera 3 (POV).
@GPLama discusses this in his video also: ZWIFT Updates April 2021: Hide Display Mode // LOTS of Fixes // ZwiftPower Decision Back Pedal - YouTube

Cheers,
Christoph

6 Likes

Yup, super nice to have a clear view of the ride, and camera 3 is all I use unless I and riding an actual Z event.

1 Like

Hi all, I just saw this today, tried it, and worked flawlessly.
Ipad (2017, maybe 2018 version)
Kick Core bought in 2020
Finally what i was looking for, without even having to worry about dongles and stuff.

4 Likes

How did you do this? My TR power drops out constantly while using Zwift. So very annoying.

Yeah thatā€™s been my setup for months, it works pretty well. I just make sure to load TR first, get all the connections linked. Then open Zwift and make sure it doesnā€™t link the ā€œcontrollableā€ part. Havenā€™t had any issues so far.

1 Like

Thatā€™s interesting cos I have to do the opposite. Load Zwift, get it all running (minus the controllable part) and then load TR. Works perfectly for me (using two ANT+ dongles).

*Should note that this is on a laptop.

5 Likes

I kick off TR first, then Zwift, and then pull up TR again and put it to the side. Lately Iā€™ve just used TR on phone, and then non-controllable Zwift setup on iPad and itā€™s worked a charm.

2 Likes

Hey guys with Tech advancing quickly wondering peoples experience with this using TR on the phone with Bluetooth power meter, and wahoo kickr. Keen to use the workouts of TR and clock up some miles on Zwift at the same time.

1 Like

After +2 years on Zwift & a 6 year absence from TR, I have returned to TR. Whilst I enjoyed the visual & riding with friends aspect of Zwift, I found that the novelty wore off. Iā€™m not into racing on Zwift & the workouts werenā€™t appealing. I found myself just riding around the various courses aimlessly.
For my first 6 years on TR (2013-2019), I used it with a dumb trainer & no Power Meter (I purchased my Smart trainer in Mid-2019). I found the workouts engaging enough, therefore I donā€™t really need the ā€œgameyā€ interface to keep me interested in indoor riding.
I missed the structure of TR & the specific purpose (to make one a better/faster rider) of it. I also felt that I should put my money where my mouth is, as I use the TR Forums regularly. Iā€™m happy to be back & have started my first ever training plan.

4 Likes

I do this every dayā€¦

Vector3, Kickr and Polar H10 paired to TR on iPhone 11.
Vector3 and Polar H10 paired to Zwift via AppleTV.

Very few issues, generally stable setup.

Switch off controllable off in Zwift. Otherwise terrain simulation interferes with the TR erg mode. Hence the changing of resistance.:facepunch:t3:

2 Likes

I have also used TR ERG with ZWIFT for scenery for years but this winter I grew tired of ZWIFT, so I found these high quality Bike ride videos to watch instead: https://www.youtube.com/c/BiketheWorld and they are fantastic!

This morning I rode " GroƟer Ahornboden from the Sylvenstein Lake" in Germany, and I saw this sign:
2022-01-24 14_53_14-Window
then:
2022-01-24 14_45_11-Window

:rofl:

1 Like

Exactly - the Zwift pairing comes and goes really fast so you often have to go back to to it from the Zwift menu to make sure controllable is switched off in Zwift.

My setup is TR connected to power meter and trainer via bluetooth on my phone, with an Ant+ connection on my laptop just receiving data from the power meter for Zwift.

Confuses the hell out of people who just see me surging all the time, not knowing Iā€™m following a TR workout in the background :rofl:

1 Like