TrainerRoad Outside Workouts on Wahoo ELEMNT

I haven’t had any of the outdoor workouts be recognized as TR in Strava or TR.

2 Likes

not even scheduled workouts from a plan?

My experience only, but each workout I have done outside came up as normal “morning ride” outdoor rides in strava and then imported into TR. Both scheduled and pushing to wahoo.

1 Like

hm okay. thank you for the response. I guess I should‘ve read the instructions for the first interval. It just said 1-nnn watts and so I ended up with an IF much higher than it should have been. Wondering if I keep doing workouts outside, if I get the intended benefit.

I am doing it all the time. Works a treat but you ride very slow!

2 Likes

Looks pretty goofy too :joy:

1 Like

Looks totally goofy but that my specialty. Looking goofy!

2 Likes

I just looked into it again and have seen that TR recognizes the Intervals but doesn’t overlay those bars on top of power/hr/speed histogram. Hope they can fix this + the 3rd party Strava integration for outdoor workouts.

@philrcook. Just want to confirm. I know Element allows the use of LEDs for power target, HR target and other things and it sounds like you can set the led to flash the various colors to link the targeted TR power. Is this correct?

Thanks…

1 Like

It just does it automatically with the middle led being your target. Over power and more leds light up and the colour changes, below power and less leds are lit and colour is again different. I’ll be honest I can’t remember led colours other than I think when on target it’s blue.

1 Like

2 Question.

1. If I pushed a planned workout to the Wahoo, but changed my mind, can I revert that workout back to indoors? If so, how do I do this?

2. I want to test out pushing a workout to Wahoo now so that I don’t run into any issues when I am about to ride outdoors. Can I just add a workout to the calendar and push it to Wahoo for testing purposes and then remove it?

Thanks…

Thanks

Update. I pushed 2 rides to the Wahoo Bolt, but neither training ride populated into the companion app; they went straight to the Bolt, which I am ok with because that is one less step in the process - no need to open the companion app to load the ride. I did the ride and received all the prompts, power suggestions, timer warnings etc., so all was good on that front. I thought it was actually cool. One thing I suggest is to read the summary of the outdoor ride before hand because the outdoor ride is an alternate ride for the indoor ride with a different name, but same/similar strategy; the summary provides the strategy and power suggestions etc. for the ride.

Anyone else having this issue? I notified customer support about the issue, but honestly, I hope they leave it as is.

Strava upload:

Also, I noticed, like others, the ride showed up in Strava as an “afternoon” “night” or “morning” ride. That threw me off at first because I was trying to figure out what ride it was referring, too, then it hit me - the TR ride. I just edited the title and added a description of the ride in the comment section similar to what was in the TR description.

I am not aware of a way that Strava can “know” that you are doing a TR workout vs any other ride.

• The head unit uploads to Strava and it follows their rules and naming.
  • TR simply imports a ride from Strava, and has no easy way to “know” that the completed ride is the planned workout.
    • Sure, there is likely a way for TR to query the incoming workout and see how close it matches a planned workout.
    • But that seems like a fair bit of work for something we can easily control (via naming in Strava first, and then setting the Association on the TR side second).

@mcneese.chad I have no issues with how it’s uploaded Strava. I was just pointing out that I saw the same thing as others noted in the thread. It’s all good. :wink:

1 Like

Amazing! this is great for future outside trainings!

Hi I’m not seeing target watts on my Bolt when doing outside workouts is there anyone else having this issue.
or anyone with any suggestions to fix this issue.
thanks

Is target watts one of your fields on your bolt training page. If not, theres your answer.

it is yes I have my page set up with target watts and 3s average, (I’m not that bad with tech :joy:)

1 Like

:joy: