I just finished a SF base training plan and am starting a TR build plan. So, I have done the Sufferfest 4DP test and the TR ramp test basically back-to-back over the course of 4 days.
I did the SF test first.
- My 4DP numbers were- 20min (FTP) - 241W, 5min- 308W, 1 min- 458W, 15s -852W.
- I was classified as an “attacker” based, from what I understand, on the ratios of 1 minute and 5 minute to 20minute powers.
Next I did the TR ramp test and got a FTP of 258W.
- 17W higher than SF.
- So, what do I use as FTP for my build plan?
- Is my TR number larger because the test is shorter in duration and I apparently am better at shorter efforts?
- Does that bias the results?
My current plan is to use the TR number to start out the build plan and see how I do on the workouts. I can always revise downward toward the SF numbers if I need to.