Been exploring different training apps and I’m having a hard time locking down on the FTP.
TR & Zwift
- did the ramp test and they around +/-1% from each other, which is good. So that’s around 200watts for me.
- did the 4dp test on sufferfest, and this is where it got quite confusing. here my ftp was a measly 160watts. however i have a considerable 5sec, 1min, and 5min power according to the test. My suspicion is that i may be tapping into that power that’s why i was able to get the TR & Zwift ramp test numbers.
- Now with TR set at ERG mode and at 200watts ftp, i can’t seem to finish the workouts at 100%. At one point i felt like i over trained after 2 training blocks.
- with Sufferfest, ftp at 160watts seems too low, and the ftp workouts aren’t as taxing as i’m used to. I feel that I’m tapping into the 5sec, 1min, and 5min power to get to 200watts at the final moments of the ramp test.
- What is the usual heart rate for ftp threshold workouts
- Should I just lessen the FTP set on my TR app to a certain percentage? like maybe set it at 85% (170watts), or should I just stick to 160watts from the ftp i got on sufferfest.
Thanks for the input guys!
Wahoo Kckr Snap, heartrate monitor, cadence