Tour de France 2021! (spoilers)

The weather forecast when I looked yesterday said thunderstorms for today’s stage on Mont Ventoux, but looks like the skies are quite clear. Must be a huge relief to the peloton.

I definitely didn’t see the 2nd ascent starting with WvA at the front.

2 Likes

Yeah! Big guys can climb too!

1 Like

I definitely didn’t see WVA attacking pure climbers and outriding a team of three guys. What in the world is happening in the race today?!

1 Like

I don’t know, but I’m enjoying every second of it! A wheel from a sprint victory to the potential for winning a 2x ventoux stage. Chapeau!

4 Likes

WTF
Carapaz’s rides all day, then his last teammate stops and he doesn’t attack…
Movistar making everyone’s tactics?

4 Likes

Pog is faking it 100% :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

his team told him not to waste the energy

1 Like

Based on how this is shaking out, totally should have finished at the top. JV would have really pushed and wed see if Pog got caught out. Now they just noodle downhill. :roll_eyes:

Ineos is still stacked. They rode most of UAE off their wheels, well, expect for Pog.

Not digging the downhill finish. JV not going to be rewarded for his attack on Carapaz & Uran

9 Likes

Just awesome. Well done Wout!

1 Like

…made UAE work all day.

1 Like

I don’t get the logic of it… it just allows people to close gaps without working so hard. There are more downhill finishes than mountain top this year. Also the safety aspect if they really want them to race hard on the downhills…

9 Likes

This route was made thinking Alaphilippe could be in yellow for 17 days :blush:

2 Likes

Rigo 2nd !!! :colombia: :colombia: :colombia:

3 Likes

Nah, they have Ineos to carry them around on a gilded chariot. Ad long as Ineos are around, UAE have a free ride :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What a stage:

• These guys are madmen, 70 m/h down the hill !!!
  • A little bit of a Gran Colombia alliance. :colombia: :ecuador:
  • Pog looks human again
  • Mas, Connor, Lutsenko and Kelderman are now third tier.
  • Very impressed with VWA

Cheers

2 Likes

This is a fun tour. Don’t care what you guys think - LoL

Ps Movistar “tactics” have gone viral!!! Run!!!

1 Like