Tour de France 2021! (spoilers)

Cav has won every sprint he has contested this tour… not sure what else he can do to prove himself?

It’s a shame Ewan isn’t still on the race - I think Ewan is the stronger sprinter but Cav has the stronger team - would have been interesting to see it play out but we will never know.

5 Likes

?? He has indeed proven himself…I’m not taking anything away form what he accomplished. Just saying he really hasn’t “beaten” Merlier because Merlier was not trying to win the stages those days. I wish Alpecin had gone back to Merlier instead of Philipsen on Cav’s second stage win, but as liam noted, their own “feel good” tactics are on them.

2 Likes

You have to be in it to win it. Cav “beat” Merlier and Dumare because they didn’t make it this far. Cav is winning because he has the team and he has the form. Yes, if Caleb was here, this would be a different race, but when you crash out, you are out.

Viviani was bad in this year’s Giro. Groenewegen is still coming back form his crash. Gavaria hasn’t won a race this year.

Will Cav send Bennet a Christmas card?

#TeamManxMissile

5 Likes

He crossed the line first. What more do you want from him?

6 Likes

Anybody know who Eddy Merckx beat?
it’s the W that counts

1 Like

I don’t want anything else form him…I clearly explained that in the post you quoted above.

Somebody’s grandfather. So yes, we do.

But I see your point. It’s usually true.

1 Like

And he beat Cav … To 34 :rofl:

Though I’m hoping that this is a tortoise and hare situation to 35 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

New day, new mountain! Who’s gonna take the stage? Maybe Superman López? After all he won the Mont Ventoux challenge this year, with a pretty fast time.
Or is Pogacar gonna feel his legs itching again and will attack?

Looks a bad one for Tony Martin. Given the amount of times he’s crashed, surely questions must be asked about the first crash and should he have carried on. Might have some lingering issues?

I think it’s time we stop glamorising riders carrying on after bad crashes.

3 Likes

Ineos must want Pog to win today’s stage…

2 Likes

The weather forecast when I looked yesterday said thunderstorms for today’s stage on Mont Ventoux, but looks like the skies are quite clear. Must be a huge relief to the peloton.

I definitely didn’t see the 2nd ascent starting with WvA at the front.

2 Likes

Yeah! Big guys can climb too!

1 Like

I definitely didn’t see WVA attacking pure climbers and outriding a team of three guys. What in the world is happening in the race today?!

1 Like

I don’t know, but I’m enjoying every second of it! A wheel from a sprint victory to the potential for winning a 2x ventoux stage. Chapeau!

4 Likes

WTF
Carapaz’s rides all day, then his last teammate stops and he doesn’t attack…
Movistar making everyone’s tactics?

4 Likes

Pog is faking it 100% :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

his team told him not to waste the energy

1 Like