That's how we do this in Ukraine

Power outage caused by enemy’s missile strikes on power infrastructure is not a reason to cancel training session. Yeah, I know I had to buy Tacx Neo, but I got Elite Direto instead. Some custom power bank with 12V output and the issue is resolved. Candle instead of fan. Keep strong!

124 Likes

We stand with you Ukraine! Love from the Netherlands!

8 Likes

Now I have no excuse to miss a workout!!!

:ukraine: :ukraine: :ukraine: :ukraine:

9 Likes

Respect and solidarity from :scotland:! Keep up the good fight :ukraine:!

(and also, safety first - look after yourself and yours before anything else)

6 Likes

#respect

2 Likes

Wish we could plug all our trainers to the Ukrainian power grid.

Now that I think of it, TR should have all the data to calculate how much can be powered by all TR users…in theory…ignoring distribution losses etc. We have riders across the world so we are producing a certain amount of baseload power… enough to power a few city blocks?

4 Likes

You, my friend, take your training seriously. Or, cycling is your therapy. That would be my case.

As others mentioned, made respect and look out for yourself and your people.

4 Likes

You reminded me of this related old clip of a bunch of cyclists powering a family’s home in real time:

3 Likes

You Ukrainians are really unstoppable :+1:
In Japanese you’d say “頑張りの精神”, which translates (awkwardly) to never-give-up spirit.

Stay safe and all the best from Germany and Japan!

4 Likes

Respect from Poland ! :muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :ukraine:

3 Likes

Nothing. But. Respect :+1:

Stay safe, stay strong.

2 Likes

Do have TR block Russian users?

1 Like

Kudos - send you all the energy you need to stay powerful :muscle::muscle::love_you_gesture:t4::crossed_fingers:

All power to you. @Nate_Pearson give this guy (and every other TR user in Ukraine) a year’s free subscription to TR.

3 Likes

That’s not effective, I guess. People who use TR and people who support russian government are usually different people. So you can block some services for the first part and they will relocate to another country due to multiple difficulties in everyday life. Meanwhile, the second part doesn’t feel any impact, remains in Russia and supports further.

1 Like

Oh, this can be pleasant, for sure. But I’m not begging for anything, I’m self-sufficient in financial term and can afford TR subscription. I’d like just to keep other people motivated in their training, that was the only purpose of my post.

6 Likes

I’m maybe wrong but I got the impression that a large number of Russian people sympathise with Ukrainian people and its just their hierachy that are causing this. I’d like to think any Russians attracted to TR are of that opinion anyway. Besides I’d hope that any Russian accessing anywhere on the web is met with that opinion and the worlds opposition to the war. I dont want to block anyone from seeing that truth.

1 Like

I think and hope you are right. The Russians who are in favor of a war in Ukraine do not know the truth or do not dare to express their own opinion.

2 Likes

Respect :muscle:

:ukraine:

3 Likes

One more interesting observation. I’ve found that my progress during this winter is significantly better than during similar periods of past years.

I assume that the root cause of this fact is that there’s no temptation to neglect supportive things when you don’t have electricity and your internet connectivity is poor. Stretching, foam roller, theragun, stabilizers and core muscles exercises – all these things are very, very useful for performance improvement. And they can be done easily in the darkness. Unlike a lot of other activities.

The same thing I noticed during my long business trip in Bucharest several years ago. I visited a gym with Wattbikes and wide variety of stretching and massage equipment and had a lot of free time. Performance boost was spectacular.

Although, there’re too many reasons to skip or shorten supportive part at home. I understood this, but used to do so too often.

For sure, there’re some solutions to keep power supply and connectivity even in our current circumstances, all these generators and starlinks, but I’m refraining from their implementation for now. That’s just a good chance to improve my training, work-life balance and spent more time with my family (board games are especially atmospheric with candles).

The only threat of power outages is excessive booze, it goes well in the darkness too. Stay away from it.

Okay, let’s summarize: don’t disregard stretching, massage and supportive exercises. It’s boring, but extremely efficient. And keep optimistic!

6 Likes