Suggestions for Schedule Modification: Race During Recovery Week

The next few weeks of my plan look like the image below. If I want to race every Saturday, how should I modify my recovery week to accommodate?

I was thinking of something like this:

2 Likes

I would just switch Sundays ride to a 60-90 minute ride and proceed with the schedule as normal. I wouldn’t think it wise to test right after a race nor to ride at that intensity if you don’t need to.

2 Likes

You probably won’t want to Ramp Test right after your race. I’d actually recommend pushing that to the next day if you can (where did the 25th go? :wink: ).

:slight_smile: 25th is Monday which is always a rest day on my schedule and thus omitted from my screenshot. I’m open to recommendations though.

I can schedule an easy ride on Sunday and kind of take a prolonged rest week to make up for the race at the end of it. Thoughts?

Why not just reduce Boarstone to something a bit shorter, take a rest Monday, then carry on as normal?

If you need another day’s rest, then take it and do the ramp test on Wednesday, missing out Bays +1 and going straight onto Dade +4.

1 Like

Good suggestion. Thanks.