Strava Share to IG

Not sure this is exactly a feature request but I am curious and would like to be able to use it. When you click on the “Share” button at the bottom of a Strava activity (to the right of “Give Kudos” and “Comment” on Android) on most activities you are given the option to share it directly to IG with the workout photo or map and some of the stats overlaid on it. This works well for outdoor rides as well as Zwift activities. However, if you try to do this with a TR activity, I am only given sharing options that share the link to the activity in text form.

This seems like it might be a Strava issue with only allowing you to share activities that have GPS data in their prettied up posting format, but it would be fun to be able to quickly/easily share the TR workout image with some stats overlaid (time, avg power maybe? or TSS?) not certain on the exact metrics but given the push and increased use of social media, this would be a positive I think. Again, I realize this is a Strava controlled item most likely, but the team here is much more responsive and seem like they are quite knowledgeable, so I thought I would ask.

1 Like

Hey @wfenwick,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I will share with the design team to see if there is anything we can do to improve social sharability from Strava :+1:

As a workaround in the meantime, you can achieve a similar result by screenshotting your Strava page and posting that image to your story manually like this:

Of course, a bit of dedicated design could make this a bit more elegant and streamlined, but I just wanted to share this method since it’s a solution that you can use right away.

Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, came searching for this same feature. I have a dedicated IG page for cycling and it would be awesome to share training sessions on there more easily. Anytime something is done through TR it looks like Strava removes that option.

1 Like

Any updates to this? It still seems to be an issue.

Our beta mobile apps have this feature to share TrainerRoad workouts! Its a pretty slick format that we’ve been reposting a bit on our Instagram story when beta athletes share their workout.

You can get on the iOS or Android beta apps here and start sharing your workouts! Cheers.

1 Like

Wicked, thanks!

1 Like