![]()
Most accurate guess gets a new TrainerRoad hat or Chad’s (allegedly) never-licked heart rate strap.
Winner’s choice ![]()
![]()
Most accurate guess gets a new TrainerRoad hat or Chad’s (allegedly) never-licked heart rate strap.
Winner’s choice ![]()
Dynamic training plans
Masters training plan update
That was my other thought
Very interesting topic. I always wonder whether curcumin falls into the category of antioxidant supplements. And how intake should be approached on double days if the advice is to separate it from workouts as much as possible. Still not clear to me, but probably not a big difference in the big scheme of things.
Youtube video KOM hunting with Keegan Swenson (drink!)
I am absolutely here for the TR tandem training/racing! I bet you’ll have to get one custom made, they are almost always made for very short people it seems
.
Along with the Wattage Cottage that will be the Amber/Nate road pairing, I think you should also allow Jonathan to be involved and get MTB tandem …
Also, I did expect more philosophical debate on steroids and competition following the previous Successful Athletes pod. It’s a controversial wee topic.
I was surprised it was so quiet.
^ This will be a subset of
In my humble prediction.
I’m guessing it’s not directly TR-related. New bike maybe?
My students can also find biochemistry boring but they never pass up the opportunity to listen to Mr W Electron Transport Chain (Music Video) - YouTube
Seriously spat coffee everywhere ![]()
![]()
If you don’t mind, can you post a link to your climb (Strava, TR, whatever)? I’m starting to think about doing it. Thanks!!
There are a couple of threads for DiY mixes. I made my first one this morning and it worked great. TLDR: 1/2c malto, 2.5 tbps fructose, 1 Nuun tab, 24oz (750ml) water. $1.30(USD) per bottle. Can be less than $1 if you use sodium citrate and some other flavor instead of Nuun. Full ‘report’ here.
Informational AND entertaining!

+1 for mouth taping.
I suffer from sleep apnea, and experimented with mouthtaping one day after hearing Nate mention that and then reading it again in “The oxygen advantage”.
It was scary as hell the first 15 minutes, then efficient as hell for the last year or so. By now I panick if I arrive in a hotel and can’t find my micropore tape in my luggage! Thanks for the inspiration @Nate_Pearson
Pro tip on buying maltodextrin: go visit your local home brew supply store.
They’ll have bulk maltodextrin stupid cheap, you’re supporting local business, and you can wander around the store checking out all the cool brewing supplies. The only downside is they might look at you a little funny for only buying 5 pounds of maltodextrin and having no idea what anything else in the store is… ![]()
Please do a ramp test on the tandem! “Pacing” would actually be a concern in that case - pacing between both riders, no?
Either way, I’m now more excited for TR tandem racing than TR doing Cape Epic. The more updates, the better!
I am looking forward to @Nate_Pearson being the pilot and @Jonathan sitting on the back with a mask so Nate can practice leading a blind person.