SSMV 2 gone wrong

How do i tackle this…

Started SSBMV 1 back in october, finished it without a problem, got a 22 watts bump. Started SSBMV 2. Got Little bit of trouble at those long SS workouts. Took aprox 2 weeks off the plan ( did some endurance workouts here and there ) for Christmas and New year. In January i restarted the SSBMV 2 but seems like the ftp is a little high now due to a cold that i got.

Now i am forced to take a 1-2 weeks off the bike ( doctor says… ), to heal fully.

I’m in the 3rd week of SSBMV2 with a couple of workouts failed ( could not complete then fully ). Plan was to lower ftp by 10, and see how it goes.

What is the most viable option i have in your opinion after i come back from illness?

Thanks!

Take plenty of time to rest and recover. Maybe do a couple of super easy rides once you feel like you’re ready to go again. Restart SSB2 including the ramp test

6 Likes

Start over with Plan Builder once you’re recovered. You’re not that far into SSB2, and you’ll need to retest anyway. (There’s a support article with some general principles.)

2 Likes

Doc wants you to take 2 weeks off for a cold? It must be a nasty one.

I think if you aren’t super weak, don’t have a fever, and feel up to it you could do low intensity zone 2 work to keep aerobic fitness until you can jump back into a plan and do intensity.

The usual advice is that if a cold is above your throat then you can ride. A running nose won’t kill you. Sore throat - take it easy. If you have lung issues, muscle aches, fever then do what the doc says.

2 Likes

If you’ve been advised by your doctor to take time off then I would listen. Perhaps they’re being overly cautious, perhaps not.

I’m sure you could see someone else if you wanted a second opinion but I don’t think it’s best to get a second opinion via the Internet.

2 Likes