Shortcuts for +1min (W)armup and (C)ooldown

Please add “w” and “c” as shortcut for adding one minute to warmup / cooldown.

So for example pressing “c” 3 times during a workout adds 3 minutes to cooldown. Much simpler (for those of us with keyboard in reach) than fiddeling with mouse/touchpad clicking into the dialog (and you also don’t need to wait 15 seconds until the undo dialog disappears).

Should be a quick and easy implementation @Nate_Pearson ;).

3 Likes

@Pete Let’s make this happen, I think we’re already adding keyboard shortcuts for this…but if not it’s a good idea.

11 Likes

Might it be possible to extend the cooldown if the app keeps receiving power/cadence data after the end of the planned workout? For example, have a 10 second window after the scheduled end where the app keeps listening for power data; if it receives readings above, say, 30 W, it adds 1 minute of cooldown. This repeats until the rider lets the 10-second window expire without pedaling. No need to hop off the bike to click or type a keyboard shortcut.

5 Likes

Yep, this would be great as I too have to dismount to add more time.

That’s a good idea too. That will take more time to implement but it deserves to be put in the backlog to implement.

@Pete we can discuss the details more in the future.

1 Like

Brilliant idea!

Yeah, I think we have been missing something like this. I’ll add it to the backlog. :+1: to the keyboard shortcuts!

2 Likes

Maybe even make it a universal key that adds “X” whenever pressed, regardless if you’re in warmup, mid interval,cooldown,etc .
Might be easier to use and you can program up to 3 keys to add 10sec, 1min, 5min or whatever you guys feel is most appropiate.

3 Likes

^^^ This ^^^

One extend key to rule them all. :wink:

2 Likes

Problem with one single key for all is for example if you want to add some cooldown at the end right when stating a workout (and then maybe have computer out of reach thereafter).

An alternative with one single key could be to add the time at the actual cursor line so (if needed) you could also navigate and flexibility add where you want. Might be more complex overall.

So in the end I still tend to the quick win solution with “c” and “w” shortcuts.

1 Like

Throw the lap (L) keyboard shortcut in while you’re at it. Great for testing gear or doing some intervals in Freeride.

How about just using the arrow keys to add minutes, to the warm up or cooldown. One click equal one minute…just my thoughts

Arrow keys are already assigned.

Up-Dn for adjusting Workout Intensity
Lt-Rt for adjusting Resistance Mode Percentage

okay, thanks. didn’t know that

1 Like

Yes! An auto cooldown extension would be amazing for those of us who don’t have their device in arms reach.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Hi TR crew,

Would you consider adding keyboard shortcuts to extend the cool down (+1 min / +5 min / +10min) - unless they already exist that is?

Currently I have to do this with the mouse on the PC, which is awkward on the trainer and impossible on the rollers. So I basically have to get off the rollers, which throws off the rhythm a bit. That becomes a bit annoying if I’m in a flow and find myself repeatedly willing to extend the cool down.

Hitting a button on the keyboard would be so much easier, and shouldn’t be very terribly demanding to code in…

Thanks for the great product, keep up the good work!

4 Likes

@Pete Will this be part of the new mobile apps (and the desktop app)?

Hey! I mean… for mobile it can’t really be any more accessible than it already is (that ‘Extend Warmup’ key center screen on the graph). Regarding desktop keyboard shortcuts though: it’s something that’s on our radar, but we don’t have a definite timeline when we will get to it. Some higher priority fixes and updates to roll out first! :v:

Thanks Ivy. Just a side note…it’s not just about the shortcuts…I was referring to Pete’s answer which was an answer to Nate which was an answer to pkwell :joy:

So it’s more about auto-extend cooldown as long as power/data is received (which would be relevant for mobile and desktop).

Ok to be in the backlog, no urgency here…I’m more interested in the big whatever things to come (hoping for adaptive training and better/integrated group workout calendar/planning to boost participation).