Select power source?, when training with two...?

Hi,

I run dual sided assioma pedals on a Kurt kinetic road machine with inride power. I do need to pair the KK inride for speed but would prefer power from the (more accurate) favero assioma pedals. Some sessions get recorded with inride as power source, others with favero. Is there a way for me to specify this?

Cheers,
Peter

Your phone or laptop running TrainerRoad is pairing with whichever device it happens to see first. Try spinning the pedals backwards to get the pedals transmitting before spinning the rear wheel in a forward direction to make the Inride start transmitting.

TrainerRoad always shows pairing with both. Both. And source seems random after finishing the workout.

In settings for either device, I can go cadence only, but not more granular. From inride I’d prefer to use speed only…

read more carefully now- ok, try to engage pedals before spinning the wheel! i’ll do that on next ride.

Reviving this thread…

I normally use a Neo trainer, but occasionally while away at relatives I use an old Kurt Kinetic with an inRide 3 and 4iiii crank power meter.

On this setup, I like (want!) to use the 4iiii PM for power and cadence, but the inRide 3 for speed only (for keeping track of drivetrain-mileage via Strava), so I need the TR app to connect to both devices.

I don’t use this setup very often, but I could’ve sworn that in the old Android TR app I had the ability to directly “deselect” power and cadence from the inRide, thereby ensuring that the power and cadence numbers being transmitted by the 4iiii PM were what the TR app used.

Now, the TR app just seems to grab the numbers from the first device it spots, which by default always seems to be the inRide. It appears I can have TR “forget” the inRide, forcing it to grab the power/cadence numbers from the 4iiii PM, and then I can reconnect to the inRide so that TR can get speed. (Essentially, what’s described in the older posts above, even though that’s not quite how I remember it working previously…). But following this method, there’s no direct visual feedback within the TR app about where it’s getting the numbers from, and no absolute control over it, so it’s kind of down to me to figure out that the power/cadence numbers now feel correct (and not rather iffy, as they would be if coming from the inRide).

Am I misremembering how it used to work?
And more importantly, is there any way in my usage scenario to have direct control of which devices TR gets which numbers from, without relying upon the order in which devices happen to have connected to the TR app, which is a method that’s prone to error (and could feasibly change mid-workout should a temporary drop-out occur)?

Thanks.