Quitting Coffee

Has anyone of you an opinion on a gene test like the following?
https://www.sponser.ch/ch_en/coffeegen-starter-kit-old.html

They claim to be able to tell you which caffeine metabolism genotype you have and from that give you some advice on how and when to use caffeine to increase performance.

Sleep wasn’t the reason I gave it up, it was the constant heart palpitations and awareness of my heartbeat all the time.
I think the fatigue of training didn’t help, the symptoms got even worse after a few weeks of SusPB, but now I maybe get palpitations once or twice a day and have to think about my heartbeat to notice it.
Alcohol has a similar effect and I’ve all but given that up too😇

When I was a runner, I didn’t drink anything with caffeine because it gave me terrible acid reflux during runs. In fact, I didn’t drink anything but water. I didn’t miss it. There were always endorphins in my blood stream, so I always felt great. Also, I slept like a log from exquisite exhaustion. Those two things stand out.

My running career ended, I got older, got a grown-up job, got into road cycling, and the coffee habit started. Two cup-a-day coffee drinker here. Sometimes it is to keep me warm. Other times it is pure habit. I love the ritual of making it, smelling it, tasting it. I could go without, but why should I?

1 Like