Praep - MTB Handlebar training thingamagig

This thing has started to blow up my Facebook feed - don’t really have an opinion on it yet.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Interesting idea. As much mtb stuff as I look at I’m surprised it hasn’t shown up in any ad feeds or me. I could see some use for it for a degree of upper body conditioning and balance control. I still think the rip-row would be better since your core and hips are positioned as they would be on a bike. Can’t in any way ever see me spending the $$ on one though.

1 Like

Yeh, I love the RipRow…

But this is like 80 bucks…

I love the idea, but I’d have to be able to do WAY more pushups and planks than I can today for this to be effective. :grin:

I do love the video though. The noise we make when we eat it is universal, no matter the language you speak.

A friend asked me to make one for him. Looks like I need.to spend some time in the wood shop. :smiley:

Other than the ability to use a bike handlebar, I’m failing to see how this targets any bike specific workouts?

I have a wrist that is damaged from an old injury that makes push-ups nearly impossible for me. This may allow me to do them again due to the angle my wrist would be at…

Just buy push up bars

I can see how this would be helpful to build upper body strength for descending. Another tool to help I guess.

I’ll stick with pushups and plank rows however. These seem to do the job for me.

1 Like

But “Light hands, heavy feet!” :thinking:?

1 Like

Training and doing are often different. Training is to build strength and patterns so you have the fitness to do it on the trail. You still want to apply good practices on the bike, this builds a foundation to apply the skills.

As a rule, true. But certain trails / features require a lot of upper body strength e.g. long sustained, steep descents with drops.

2 Likes